The Clinical Support Service Division is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Consultant with competencies in a broad range of Clinical Neurophysiology techniques working with both adult and paediatric patients.
The consultant will support the Neurophysiology services at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and West Middlesex University Hospital
The successful candidate will join and work collaboratively within a team of Neurophysiology Consultants and Physiologists.
As a Consultant you will bring a professional approach to all areas of clinical Activity, with an emphasis on patient care. The Trust has high expectations for its consultants and in return offers huge scope for those with personal and professional ambition. You are invited to join our consultant body which is intent on capitalising on our proven experience of being at the forefront in leadership and innovation in all that we do.
**Please note the job description is pending Royal College approval**
Interviews to be held on 21/11/2023
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for:
1. The planning and reporting of neurophysiological investigations of patients undergoing EEG/NCS/EMG/EPs.
2. The supervision and reporting of various tests performed by the team of physiologists.
3. Providing inpatient cover for EMG/NCS tests and urgent EEG reporting for adults and paediatrics.
4. The management and reporting of external referrals (MSK) to the department.
5. Teaching and training of junior staff.
Full participation in teaching, audit, governance and research will be expected in line with Trust Policy. Audit constitutes an important part on meeting standards and the department is active within the regional and National audit programmes.
We provide services from two main hospitals, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and West Middlesex University Hospital, and a number of clinics across London and the South-East. We have over 6,000 members of staff that are PROUD to Care for nearly one million people. Both hospitals provide full clinical services, including full maternity, emergency and children's, in addition to a range of community-based services across London, such as award-winning sexual health and HIV clinics.
We're one of the best preforming Trusts in the country. We're also one of the top trusts to work for - our staff say they're engaged, motivated, and would recommend us as a place to work and receive treatment.
Our Trust has been rated by the Care Quality Commission as 'Good' in all five of the main domains of safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led, giving an us overall rating of 'Good'. We've also been awarded an 'Outstanding' rating for 'use of resources' by an NHS Improvement inspection.
Our facilities are some of the best in the country. We have been investing around 10 million a year in our estate. We are currently spending 25 million on expanding our adult and neonatal critical care facilities at Chelsea and Westminster and redevelopment of our children's unit at West Middlesex - in partnership with our charity, CW+ and generous donors.
Provide High Quality Care to Patients
- The post holder must adhere to the standards outlined by the GMC for the Good Medical Practice.
- Develop and maintain the competencies required to carry out the duties required of the post
- Ensure prompt attendance at agreed direct clinical care programmed activities
- Ensure patients are involved in decisions about their care and to respond to their views
- Demonstrate, model and encourage Trust values at all times to all patients and staff.
Please refer to our detailed job description for more information
Knowledge and qualification
- GMC specialist registration or within 6 months of being admitted to the GMC's specialist register
- Good understanding of and adherence to the principles of Good Medical Practice set out by the General Medical Council
- Broad experience in adult clinical neurophysiology including EMG
- Experience in paediatric clinical neurophysiology including paediatric EMG
- Demonstrated skills in advanced techniques e.g. stimulated single fibre EMG
- Experience with training all grades of staff
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.