Are you an influential leader passionate about raising the healthcare standards and developing the service within Medicine for Older People?
North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust is the best place for you to grow! You will have the chance to develop your medical research skills and confidence under the guidance of an inspiring team.
Located in the western part of Cambridgeshire, the historic towns of Peterborough and Huntingdon have been transformed by town development schemes bringing improvements in housing, education, and employment opportunities. Both hospital sites are accessible by road or train within easy commute distance from London, Cambridge, Leicester or Birmingham.
We are seeking inspiring Consultants to join a team of 8 colleagues in delivering high-standard medical care to our patients and develop further the speciality to accommodate emerging healthcare needs of our patients.
You will be member of the Royal College of Physicians or have equivalent experience and training and must be fully registered with a license to practice with the GMC.
We value innovation and research. You will have the opportunity to choose your preferred hospital site where you can develop a specialist interest in acute frailty, falls, community geriatrics, Perioperative Surgical Liaison, Movement disorders, and Ortho-geriatrics.
We believe that flexibility is the key to a better team-work dynamic. All our roles are offered full-time and/or part-time with cross-site services. Main duties of the job
The job plan has been created to contain a total of 10 PAs, 8.5 clinical programmed activities (CPA) and 1.5 SPA (supporting programmed activities) sessions. SPAs will include audit and clinical governance, teaching, appraisals, revalidation, CPD and research.
Clinical sessions include ward rounds, sub-specialty work and clinical admin plus communication with carers. We are committed to offer flexibility in the job plan which will be discussed and agreed with the colleagues and the clinical lead. Additional PAs can be agreed if you join the on-call rota for acute medicine.
You will be an essential part of a multidisciplinary team responsible for delivering high quality care in Geriatric Medicine in community and inpatient settings.
Teaching and training of junior staff, medical students, nurses and other professionals allied to medicine are mandatory to your role and to the development of the service.
You will actively participate in both departmental and Trust matters concerning Clinical Governance and Audit.
As part of your personal and professional development, you will take part in continuing medical education (CME) and demonstrate commitment to revalidation.
For further details and to organise an informal visit, please contact Dr Olu Akintade, Consultant Physician on 01733673885 or firstname.lastname@example.org. About us
North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust provides acute care to our local communities via two District General Hospitals in Peterborough and Huntingdon, and a community hospital in Stamford.
We are promoting flexible working and a health work/home life balance. Agile working options are automatically considered for all roles within the Trust.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) and candidates from our local communities.
Your package with us includes a lot more than just your pay and here are a few of the additional benefits that are available to you as an employee:
- Relocation allowance in line with the Trust policy
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement, starting at 27 days a year (for full time workers) plus bank/public holidays
- Free staff car parking on all our hospital sites during this financial year
- In-house Physiotherapy Services
- Career development and training opportunities
- Emotional Wellbeing Service covering a range of online support, access to mobile apps and 24/7 counselling services
- Subsidised meals at our hospital restaurants
- Access to exclusive discounts, cashback and vouchers via NHS Discounts and Blue Light Card
If you share our values and vision and are passionate about working with people on what matters to them, you could be a real asset to Team North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust. Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description for further information regarding main responsibilities.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB ChB/MBBS or equivalent
- CCT in Geriatric medicine or equivalent (CESR or European Community rights) or within 6 months of receipt of CCT at time of interview or on the Specialist Register
MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE Essential
- CCT in GIM (general internal medicine) or equivalent or within 6 months of receipt of CCT at time of interview) or on the Specialist Register is desirable but not essential.
- Extensive training and experience in General Internal Medicine as well as Geriatric Medicine
- Evidence of ability to pursue independent research.
- Ability to communicate with other members/ grades of staff, patients, families and General Practitioners.
- Commitment to multidisciplinary work
- Specific training in communications skills, teaching etc.
- Evidence of involvement in service developments/ planning
- Evidence of successful implementation of new working patterns/methods
- Knowledge of corporate structure of NHS Trusts, the NHS plan and clinical governance
OTHER REQUIREMENTS Essential
- Evidence of specific training in management (e.g. courses, practical experience)
- Full Registration and license to practice with the GMC.
- Successful health screening
- Demonstrates honesty, commitment and integrity.
Employer details Employer name
- Member of Medical Defence Organisation
North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust Address
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.