This is a replacement role within the department of Neurology. This post will include PAs at Oxford University Hospital NHSFT providing support and leadership to the community headache service. The appointed candidate will join an existing team of 10 senior medical staff at The Great Western Hospital. On joining the department, you will become part of a well-established, friendly and energetic team and will help us continue to drive forward improvements in the service that we provide to our patients. As a Trust, we place high importance on staff wellbeing, you will be offered a wide variety of support to help you maintain your wellbeing and to help colleagues maintain theirs. The Trusts Health and Wellbeing team has won a National Award during 2020 for the work they have done locally.
For more information please contact Dr Stephan Hinze on 01793 605099 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Main duties of the job
The Duties outlined below are not definitive and may be changed in accordance with the needs of the service. Clinical Duties:
- Multidisciplinary team working is key component of the working within the Trust and involves regular MDT discussions with colleagues.
- Providing evidence-based care for patients in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Continuing responsibility for the care of patients in your charge, including all administrative duties associated with patient care (with secretarial support).
- Development of sub specialty interests that fit in with Division needs and the strategic direction of the Trust.
- Responsibilities for carrying out teaching, examination and accreditation duties are required, and for contributing to undergraduate and post-graduate and continuing medical education activity.
- Provision of cover for Consultant colleagues' periods of leave in accordance with arrangements agreed within Trust policy.
- Participation in clinical audit and in continuing medical education.
- Conducting suitable duties in cases of emergencies and unforeseen circumstances.
- Providing senior Consultant support on bi-weekly ward rounds on Forest Ward (Stroke Rehabilitation Ward) as well as the weekly MDT meeting.
Our STAR values are at the heart of everything we do. You can expect to see them in the way we act and the way we treat each other. Our values make us who we are. We will expect your values and behaviors to reflect the STAR Values of the organisation: Service
We will put our patients first Teamwork
We will work together Ambition
We will aspire to provide the best service Respect
We will act with integrity Job description Job responsibilities Management and Leadership Responsibilities:
All staff in each Division are managerially accountable through their Lead Clinician to the Associate Medical Director, who has overall responsibility for the services within the Division. Consultants are key members of the Division and are accountable and responsible for leading changes to service that will improve the patient experience.
Person Specification Experience Essential
- To support the Clinical Lead in policy and strategy development as a senior member of the Division Management Team.
- To contribute to the leadership and development of Services under the direction of the Clinical Lead and Associate Medical Director and in line with the Trusts business plans.
- The post holder will ensure effective communication and involvement of staff across the Division including support to the Divisional Director to achieve their objectives.
- Work in partnership with colleagues in other Divisions within the Trust.
- As part of the Division Management Team, assist in the cost effective utilisation of resources, including pay and non-pay items such as equipment and drugs, within budgets.
- Work within the Trusts framework for Clinical Governance and Risk, including the development of clinical policies and adherence to standing orders, standing financial instructions and financial procedures.
- Undertake direct supervision of junior colleagues and participate in departmental/trust wide teaching programmes.
- Undertake investigations and report writing for incidents and participate in clinical risk management
- Appointed candidates will embody the STAR values and use the principles of the NHS Constitution for England to guide decisions.
- Fully registered with the GMC
- CCT (or equivalent for non-UK applicants of equivalent status), or be accredited (or equivalent), and be on the GMC Specialist Register in the specialty appropriate for this consultant post at the time of taking up the consultant appointment. Alternatively, candidates can hold or be within 6 months of their CCT at interview
- MRCP (UK) or equivalent
- Clinical training/experience equivalent to that required for gaining UK CCT
- Expertise in full range of Neurological conditions
- Ability to lead a multi-professional team and take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients
- Demonstrable ability to manage priorities
- Demonstrable multi-disciplinary team leadership skills
Employer details Employer name
- Evidence of management/leadership skills training
- Intermediate to Advanced level IT skills
- Ability to teach clinical skills to trainees and multi-disciplinary teams
Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Address
Great Western Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.