This post is focused on supporting the neurology team within the Trust at the Royal Cornwall Hospital, Truro.
The appointee will join a team of consultants, junior doctors, nurses and physician associates to provide an inpatient neurology liaison service to the remainder of the hospital, and to provide neurology outpatient clinics. This newly created post will liaise with the medical specialities.
Main duties of the job
- Maintaining the highest clinical standards in the management of neurology outpatients, under supervision of the neurology consultants
- To share with colleagues responsibility for the neurology inpatient liaison service
- To participate in weekly neuroradiology MDTs and other department meetings
- Teaching and training of junior staff
- To actively participate in both departmental and Trust matters concerning Clinical Governance and
- To have responsibility for ensuring active participation in continuing medical education (CME).
- Commit to completing the Trusts CESR programme within 2 years to join the Specialist Register and gain eligibility to Consultant positions. Permission to extend may be granted by the Medical Director in exceptional circumstances
Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust is the biggest provider of healthcare services in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. Our three main sites are Royal Cornwall Hospital Truro, St Michael's Hospital Hayle and West Cornwall Hospital Penzance, our staff and services are available across the region.
The Trust employs 5,000+ staff, has a budget of 380 million and 750 beds. We work with health and social care organisations -including NHS Kernow and NHS England- to ensure local healthcare needs are met. We provide acute medical, surgical and specialist services to around 500,000- which can increase significantly during busy holiday periods.
The Trust has teaching hospitals status as part of the University of Exeter Medical School. Keeping at the forefront of medical advances, we continually develop clinical services and are committed to maximising the range of specialist care offered locally.
We can offer you a rewarding career in a supportive working environment. We have extensive educational links to help you realise your full potential and develop skills to provide outstanding healthcare to the local community.
Enjoy an outstanding quality of life in a place that offers surfing beaches and fishing harbours to beautiful countryside and historic towns. With clean air, plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities and excellent schools, colleges and universities (including adult education) it is the ideal place for families and for you to develop your own career.
PLEASE NOTE: To view the full Job Description and Person Specification, please click the supporting document on the right-hand side
To be an employee of the NHS you need to successfully complete the following:
- Identity Checks
- Professional registration and qualification checks
- Employment history and reference checks
- Work health assessments
- Criminal record check standards
- Right to work checks
For further information please visit:
- We reserve the right to close this advert early, or when the allocated number of applications has been reached. Please submit your application at the earliest opportunity.
- Agency interest will not be considered until this advert has closed.
- GMC Registration with a licence to practice
- MRCP qualification
- Experience of working in neurology in a District General Hospital setting
- Teaching (Medical students, peers, MDT).
- oExperienced in Clinical Audit and Clinical Governance and the benefits of how this improves the quality of care provided to patients and ensuring this is embedded in clinical practice.
- Experience working in neurology in a tertiary centre