The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust is looking to appoint a Consultant Dermatologist (10 PAs) to join the Trust with a view to shaping the future of the service. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic Clinician to join our equally enthusiastic and established clinical Dermatology team. There will be an opportunity to expand and progress specific interests relevant to the department. Main duties of the job
Duties will include:
- To develop enhanced clinical skills, especially in the assessment and management of acutely ill patients.
- To have excellent team-working skills with the abilities and professional attitude to work well in a multi-professional team.
- To deliver clinical and quality targets agreed both nationally and locally with clinical teams and commissioners.
- To follow patients throughout their clinical pathways.
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust (SaTH) is the main provider of acute hospital services for around half a million people in Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin and mid Wales.
Encompassing some of the most picturesque parts of England and Wales, the Trust's catchment stretches from the Cambrian Mountains in the west, to Newport and the fringes of the Black Country in the east. The main towns include: Bridgnorth, Ludlow, Market Drayton, Oswestry, Shrewsbury and Whitchurch (in Shropshire) Newport, Telford and Wellington (in Telford & Wrekin) and Newtown and Welshpool (in Powys) - all beautiful and unique.
Our main service locations are the Princess Royal Hospital (PRH) in Telford and the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital (RSH) in Shrewsbury which are located 20 minutes' drive apart. Together they provide 99% of our activity. Both hospitals provide a wide range of acute hospital services including accident & emergency, outpatients, diagnostics, inpatient medical care and critical care. Job description Job responsibilities
A formal job plan will be agreed between the successful candidate and their Clinical Director and consultant colleagues, on behalf of the Medical Director within 3 months of starting in post. A full-time job plan is based on a 10 PA working week.
The job plan will be reviewed annually and is a prospective agreement that sets out the consultant's duties, responsibilities, and objectives for the coming year. It covers all aspects of a consultants professional practice including clinical work, teaching, research, education and managerialresponsibilities. It will provide a clear schedule of commitments, both internal and external and will include personal objectives, detailing links to wider service improvements and trust strategic priorities.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MBBS, MB ChB or equivalent medical qualification
- MRCP or equivalent qualification
Entry Criteria Essential
- Higher Degree, MD, PhD or Equivalent
Employer details Employer name
- Full Registration and a licence to practise with the General Medical Council (GMC)
- Entry on the General Medical Council (GMC) Specialist Register via one of the following: -Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) (the proposed CCT date must be within 6 months of the interview) -Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR)
- Clinical training and experience equivalent to that required for gaining UK CCT in relevant specialities
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust Address
The Princess Royal Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.