The Trust is seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist to work with the South Wiltshire Intensive Service. It is a great opportunity to work within an established multi-disciplinary team. Working with a team who believe in collaborative work and have the patient at the centre of their practise. The Intensive service is the `gate keeping' and discharging agent for Inpatient services.
The post holder will play a key role in the multi-disciplinary Team providing advice and assessment of patients under the Intensive service, liaising and working closely with the Inpatient Unit to assist with discharge planning.
Salisbury has a weekly Academic programme. In addition, there is a monthly PDP group and Peer Supervision. CPD activities are supported. The post offers study leave arrangements as well as good research, service development and leadership opportunities. Main duties of the job
To assess and treat service users in the community
- Undertake urgent and routine psychiatric assessments when necessary
- To liaise with GPs regarding a service users medical monitoring results
- To liaise with other parts of the service and GPs and non NHS organisations wherever applicable
- To provide advice and consultation to members of the multi-disciplinary teams and regularly attend MDT meetings
- Ensure effective and timely documentation and communication of clinical decision making and management plans
o The post holder is expected to seek AC and Section 12 approval, but this is not a requirement of the post About us
We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust) a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care. We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B& NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset. Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the accompanying job description for full details on the roles and responsibilities of this post.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification
- Relevant Higher Degree e.g MD,PHD,Msc or other additional clinical qualifications
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months of gaining CCT
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- CCT in General Adult Psychiatry
Personal Skills Essential
- Experience of assessing and treating patients in a community setting.
Clinical Skills Essential
- To possess leadership skills and be able to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to manage own time, workload and prioritise clinical work
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, in order to effectively work with patients, carers and staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to assess and treat psychiatric problems in Older Adults and to deal with crisis situations.
- Understanding of the management skills required to function successfully as a Consultant.
Research and Audit Essential
- Commitment to and experience of undergraduate and postgraduate learning and teaching.
- Understand principles of teaching.
- Experience or involvement in a research project and publication.
- Experience of carrying out an audit project.
Employer details Employer name
- Evidence of management/leadership skills training.
Avon & Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust Address
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.