Are you a Consultant in Respiratory Medicine, looking for a new challenge and a change of scene? Are you about to CCT and are keen to develop your career somewhere a little different?
Come and join our Respiratory team at University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust (UHMBT). We are looking to appoint a consultant colleague to our department due to expansion of services, in a full time post, however we welcome conversations about flexible ways of working. We work across Morecambe Bay, providing care to people with Respiratory illnesses through Lancaster, Morecambe, Kendal, Barrow-in-Furness, Ulverston, Carnforth and in between, through diverse urban and rural environments, reaching out into the southern Lake District and the western edges of the Yorkshire Dales.
As a team we provide senior Respiratory Medicine support to the acute hospital sites at Lancaster Royal Infirmary and Furness General Hospital, and to the community Respiratory teams across the Bay. All posts support the Bay-wide team but members of the medical team focus on a particular respiratory sub speciality, across the hospital inpatient setting and in the community, allowing for continuity of care and a system-wide approach to management utilising the unique and innovative Morecambe Bay Respiratory Network (MBRN).
Main duties of the job
The Respiratory team is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, committed Consultant to join our multidisciplinary team. The Respiratory department is well-supported with specialist trainees, advanced nurse practitioners, and an equally enthusiastic and skilled team of respiratory nurse specialists, lung cancer nurse specialists, pleural disease nurse practitioner and specialist respiratory physiologists.
The job plan is for 10 PAs, although this can be flexible and successful candidates may have an opportunity to negotiate on-call commitments and job plans. We would also warmly welcome applications for a part-time post. All the present consultants have young families and strongly advocate team working and support to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We operate from three main hospitals - Furness General Hospital (FGH) in Barrow, the Royal Lancaster Infirmary (RLI), and Westmorland General Hospital (WGH) in Kendal, as well as a number of community health care premises including Millom Hospital and GP Practice, Queen Victoria Hospital in Morecambe, and Ulverston Community Health Centre.
FGH and the RLI have a range of General Hospital services, with full Emergency Departments, Critical/Coronary Care units and various Consultant-led services.
WGH provides a range of General Hospital services, together with an Urgent Treatment Centre, that can help with a range of non-life threatening conditions such as broken bones and minor illnesses.
All three main hospitals provide a range of planned care including outpatients, diagnostics, therapies, day case and inpatient surgery. In addition, a range of local outreach services and diagnostics are provided from community facilities across Morecambe Bay
Our community services for adults are provided in people's homes, community centres, clinics, GP Practices, community hospitals and our main hospitals. Our aim is to work with people to help them remain independent, improve their health and manage their conditions through high quality care, advice and support.
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specificationlocatedunder the supporting documents heading. You can also read more information about University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay visiting our websitehttps://www.uhmb.nhs.uk/
Education and Qualifications
- MBBS and MRCP, or equivalent
- Registration with a licence to practise
- Entry on the GMC Specialist Register via: CCT(proposed CCT date must be within 6 months of interview date. CESR.
- Full GMC
- European Community Rights
- An appropriate higher General Medicine medical qualification
- Depth and breadth of experience in General Internal Medicine and Respiratory Medicine following completion of approved STR training programme or equivalent.
- Experience in a special interest that will complement those existing in the department
- Experience at locum consultant level.
Skills, ability and knowledge
- Willingness and ability to fulfil the key elements of the job description.
- Evidence of teaching appropriate to Medical students and Doctors in training and the multidisciplinary team
- Capacity to manage own workload and ward rounds and prioritise time and information effectively.
- Understanding of clinical governance and the individual responsibilities it implies
- Ability to develop effective working relationships on an individual multi-professional and team basis with all levels of staff.
- Ability to lead and develop the service.
- Knowledge of multidisciplinary clinical audit principles and evidence of direct involvement.
- Knowledge of principles of research and evidence of involvement.
- Ability to travel as required
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.