An exciting opportunity has arisen for a fixed term locum Community Paediatric Consultant, working within the Community Paediatric team in Plymouth.
The applicant would be joining a friendly, enthusiastic and dynamic team of 3 Community Consultant Paediatricians, 2 Associate Specialists and 1 Specialty doctor working in Plymouth and its surrounding area, carrying out clinical work predominantly in the Child Development Centre (CDC). The multidisciplinary team is co-located at the CDC and includes speech and language therapists, physiotherapists and occupational therapists, psychologists, bowel and bladder services as well as well-established bowel and bladder service and community children's nursing teams all underpinned by a dedicated administrative team. Audiology clinics are also held within the building as are visiting genetics clinics and ophthalmology. We also enjoy excellent links with our acute paediatric colleagues with shared safeguarding peer review and outstanding links with our local authority partners, allied agencies, and commissioning team. Main duties of the job
As a result of previous vacancy, disruption to services secondary to COVID, and high demand, the focus for the service is primarily on addressing the waits for both new and follow up cases. The post holder would be expected to see a range of community paediatric cases including a high number of potential ASD and ADHD cases.
Eligible candidates should be registered with the GMC and have achieved qualification to the level of MRCPCH and have experience of community paediatric clinical work. About us
University Hospitals Plymouth provides both hospital based and community paediatric care. We serve a wide geographical area with a broad demographic across rural and urban areas, with both high levels of deprivation but also affluence. Community paediatric clinics are held within the CDC, in school-based clinics and joint specialist clinics within the CDC and in the main Derriford site.
The community paediatric medical team covers neurodisability, neurobehavioural difficulties, Looked After Children work including adoption and fostering, special educational needs and child protection and safeguarding functions. We work closely with our allied health and education colleagues.
We are inviting you to join our team and help us provide timely, effective and good quality community paediatric care to our area. You can find out more about the hospital and its surrounding area on the University Hospitals Plymouth website, but please also feel free to contact our service line lead via email@example.com any questions you may have or to organise a visit to the department.
https://plymouthhospitals.pagetiger.com/bbselju/1/?ptit=20739138F59A50241A13E Job description Job responsibilities
Person Specification Essential Essential
- work as part of the existing community paediatric medical team to support and develop our community based services
- work as part of a multidisciplinary team contributing to and developing pathways of care, work collaboratively with colleagues across the hospital and in allied agencies to nurture the joint working we have established to date
- offer educational and clinical support and leadership to trainees (both medical and nursing), medical students, and other members of the MDT
- act as a role model of professionalism and represent the values and behaviours agreed by the trust, and demonstrate these in their work, taking remedial action where poor behaviour is exhibited
- work collaboratively with colleagues to maintain the service in the occurrence of absence of departmental colleagues secondary to annual leave, study leave and short-term sickness
- Full GMC registration
- MRCPCH or equivalent
- CCT in Community Paediatrics or equivalent (or within 6mths of CCT)
- Experience of assessment of autism
- Experience of assessment and management of ADHD
Employer details Employer name
- Evidence of multi-disciplinary team working
University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust Address
Child Development Centre
Scott Business Park, Beacon Park Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.