Our experienced Hepatology Consultant team is offering an excellent opportunity to 2 Specialist Consultants to join the team basis within the Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endoscopy CBU on a full time and part time. The roles are based at Peterborough City Hospital, however, cross site working at our acute hospital sites and clinics will be expected.
We believe our patients deserve the best possible care, local to home in a safe, clean and positive environment. We work towards the same high standards as our specialist tertiary centres for the delivery of the services we provide.
You will be part of an excellent and supportive team of consultants, junior doctors and specialist nurses aiming to develop and expand our Hepatology Services. Your extensive experience in Hepatology will add great value and will expand the team's specialist skills.
You will have GMC professional registration and CCT in Gastroenterology (or equivalent or within 6 months of receipt of CCT at time of interview) or on the Specialist Register.
The job plan is anticipated to contain 10 Programmed Activities: 8.5 PAs of direct clinical care and 1.5PA of supporting professional activities per week. However, we are willing to accommodate any different number of PA's as the service permits. Part time and job share will be considered.
There is current no out of hours on call commitment. There will be an option for time in lieu or additional payment if extra duties are covered by prior agreement. Main duties of the job
You will be committed to the development and innovation of our services to provide a high quality clinical care. Administrative and secretarial support will be available.
You will have an overriding duty of care to patients and are expected to comply fully with best practice standards. You will have continuing responsibility for the care of patients in your charge, including:
- Administrative duties associated with patient care.
- Leadership, development and organisation of the services in his/her charge in line with the Trust's business plans.
- Liaison and communication with the Clinical Lead, Divisional Director and Divisional Operations Manager for the Clinical Business Unit.
- Corporate and individual responsibility for the professional management of doctors in training.
- Fully participation in the management of the department.
- Provision of a Hepatology Service for Inpatients at PCH and Outpatients at any NWAFT site as required.
- Contribution to the development of Hepatology Clinics on the Hinchingbrooke Site as required with service development.
- Collaboratively working with Specialist Nurses in these roles.
- Contribution to the viral hepatitis service.
You will contribute to the teaching of medical students, trainee advanced care practitioners, specialist nurses and participate in weekly postgraduate meetings as well as audit, governance, morbidity and mortality and training meetings. About us
North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust provides acute care to our local communities via two District General Hospitals in Peterborough and Huntingdon, and a community hospital in Stamford.
We are promoting flexible working and a health work/home life balance. Agile working options are automatically considered for all roles within the Trust.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) and candidates from our local communities.
Your package with us includes a lot more than just your pay and here are a few of the additional benefits that are available to you as an employee:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme
- Relocation allowance in line with the Trust policy
- Generous Holiday Entitlement, starting at 27 days a year (for full time workers) plus bank/public holidays
- Free staff car parking on all our hospital sites during this financial year
- In-house Physiotherapy Services
- Career development and training opportunities
- Emotional Wellbeing Service covering a range of online support, access to mobile apps and 24/7 counselling services
- Subsidised meals at our hospital restaurants
- Access to exclusive discounts, cashback and vouchers via NHS Discounts and Blue Light Card
If you share our values and vision and are passionate about working with people on what matters to them, you could be a real asset to Team North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust. Job description Job responsibilities
You will have a responsibility to comply with Trust policies for personal and patient safety and for prevention of healthcare-associated infection (HCAI). This includes a requirement for rigorous and consistent compliance with Trust policies for hand hygiene, use of personal protective equipment and safe disposal of sharps. Knowledge, skills and behaviour in the workplace should reflect this at annual appraisal you will be asked about application of practice measures known to be effective in reducing HCAI.
You will contribute and participate in governance activities in depth and breadth including audit. A strong desire to improve governance standards and innovation/change management is essential.
You will fully contribute to the administrative, teaching and research activities within the trust as well as taking responsibility for particular delegated areas according to their interests and availability. The Clinical Lead is responsible for delegating these responsibilities.
As a line manager, you will meet with staff you directly manage at least once per year on a formal basis, with informal progress reviews at least every six months. You will set and discuss work-based objective and asses the personal development plan ensuring that your staff is up to date with professional and mandatory training.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB ChB/MBBS or equivalent MRCP
- CCT in Gastroenterology (or equivalent or within 6 months of receipt of CCT at time of interview) or on the Specialist Register
- Higher qualification (e.g. MD, PhD)
- Clinical training and experience equivalent to that required for gaining UK CCT Gastroenterology with General Internal Medicine and Hepatology sub-speciality accreditation
- Ability to offer an expert clinical opinion on a range of problems relating to Hepatology.
- Ability to take full and independent responsibility for the clinical care of patients to the highest clinical standard
- Ability to organise and affect high quality outpatient Hepatology services.
- Ability to apply research outcomes to clinical problems.
- Publications in referred journals. Ability to pursue high quality clinical, health services or epidemiological research
- JAG Accredited Endoscopist
- Evidence of ability to pursue independent research
Commitment to Clinical Governance/Improving patient care Essential
- Ability to undertake diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic treatment for portal hypertensive problems
- Clinical governance: demonstrates awareness of good decision making. Awareness of own limitations. Track record of engaging in clinical governance: reporting errors, learning from errors.
- Audit: experience of audit
- Teaching: experience of supervising undergraduates, junior doctors and other staff ability to teach clinical skills
- Research: ability to apply research outcomes to clinical problems ability to critically appraise published evidence. Evidence of research experience.
- Ability to communicate with other members/ grades of staff, patients, families and General Practitioners.
- Commitment to multidisciplinary work
- Specific training in communications skills, teaching etc
- Evidence of involvement in service developments/ planning.
- Evidence of leadership skills
- Evidence of successful implementation of new working patterns/methods
- Knowledge of corporate structure of NHS Trusts, the NHS plan and clinical governance
- Evidence of specific training in management (e.g. courses, practical experience)
- Full Registration and license to practice with the GMC
- Demonstrates honesty, commitment and integrity
Employer details Employer name
- Member of Medical Defence Organisation
North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust Address
Peterborough City Hospital
Edith Cavell Campus, Bretton Gate
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.