Have you considered expanding your professional career in a place where your experience and skills are valued?
Join the team at Peterborough City Hospital as our new Locum Consultant Neurologist on a fixed-term assignment to continue building your future career.
Based within the Neurology Services team, you will work closely with a team of five Consultant Neurologists aiming to deliver comprehensive high-quality neurology services such as Neurology Outpatient Services, Acute Neurology Services including inpatient ward referrals, and Speciality Neurology Services.
We are planning to expand our Neurology service to meet our local communities' needs. Working in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team, your initiatives will contribute to the clinical development of an excellent and sustainable neurology service for the local community.
You will have the great opportunity to work and learn from Neurology specialists from our Regional Neurosciences Centre at Addenbrooke's Hospital. You will be encouraged in joining our current Consultants in providing specialist outpatient and inpatient care at Addenbrooke's Hospital under Honorary Contracts.
We are committed to your well-being, and your personal and professional development by offering flexible working options and career development courses. We are inviting any applicants wishing to work more flexibly, as this may be accommodated by negotiation. Part-time and job-share applicants are welcome. Main duties of the job
The job plan has been created to include 10 PAs dived as follows: 8.5 PAs Direct Clinical Care from which 5.5 General Neurology and Virtual Clinics, and 3.0 Clinical Admin. 1.5 SPAs will include CPD and audit. The final timetable will be agreed with Consultant Colleagues and the Clinical Lead, and reviewed after three months. On Call commitments are not included.
Primarily, you will provide outpatient care. However, the job plan could be changed to accommodate dedicated inpatient referral sessions as agreed with the clinical team.
You will undertake up to five general neurology outpatient clinics per week, as well as one virtual triage clinic (two hours) where all referrals to the service are triaged.
You will participate in Departmental meetings, presentations, clinical audit and Trust Clinical Governance activities, as well as performing Appraisals/Revalidations, job planning and approved CPD activity. You will attend Addenbrooke's Hospital for CPD, which includes a weekly Clinical Neurology and Neuroscience meeting (with regular nationally and internationally renowned speakers), audit, and clinical governance.
Supported by the Trust, you will continue to pursue professional development as laid down by the Royal College of Physicians, and have an annual appraisal with a trained appraiser. About us
North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust provides acute care to our local communities via two District General Hospitals in Peterborough and Huntingdon, and a community hospital in Stamford.
We are promoting flexible working and a health work/home life balance. Agile working options are automatically considered for all roles within the Trust.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) and candidates from our local communities.
Your package with us includes a lot more than just your pay and here are a few of the additional benefits that are available to you as an employee:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme
- Relocation allowance in line with the Trust policy
- Generous Holiday Entitlement, starting at 27 days a year (for full time workers) plus bank/public holidays
- Free staff car parking on all our hospital sites during this financial year
- In-house Physiotherapy Services
- Career development and training opportunities
- Emotional Wellbeing Service covering a range of online support, access to mobile apps and 24/7 counselling services
- Subsidised meals at our hospital restaurants
- Access to exclusive discounts, cashback and vouchers via NHS Discounts and Blue Light Card
If you share our values and vision and are passionate about working with people on what matters to them, you could be a real asset to Team North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust. Job description Job responsibilities
For more information, please check the Job description and personal specification which is attached to the advert.Person Specification Key Skills Essential
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to provide leadership where appropriate
- Good interpersonal skills
- Enquiring, critical approach to work
- Caring attitude to patients
Education and Qualifications Essential
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, relatives, GP's nurses and other agencies
- Commitment to Continuing Medical Education and the requirements and the requirements of Clinical Governance and Audit
- Willingness to undertake additional professional responsibilities at local, regional and national levels
- Good attendance record
- Enhanced DBS Check
- Entry of the GMC Specialist Registrar
- MRCP or equivalent
Knowledge & Experience Essential
- Speciality Certificate Examination in Neurology Higher Degree (MD, PhD or equivalent) a sub speciality interest
- Clinical Training and experience equivalent to that required for gaining UK CCT in Neurology
- Ability to offer expert clinical opinion on a range of problems, relating to Neurology
- Ability to take full and independent responsibility for the clinical care of patients
- Ability to organize and management outpatient priorities and treatment
- Experience of audit management
- oAbility and willingness to work within the Trust and NHS performance framework and targets
Employer details Employer name
- Experience of supervised training in an appropriate SpR equivalent training programme
- Experience of research relevant to Neurology.
- Publications in peer reviewed journals
North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust Address
Peterborough City Hospital
Edith Cavell Campus
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.