Are you a Consultant Psychiatrist looking for a new and exciting opportunity to be a clinical leader at the forefront of shaping mental health services?
AWP is a large mental health Trust dedicated to the delivery of high quality clinical care. We are an exciting and innovative NHS organisation with performance and service improvement high on our agenda.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic and supportive group of consultants already practicing in the locality. The post holder will be expected to work in a flexible manner with a dynamic team whilst continuing to develop professionally.
Please refer to the accompanying job description for full details on the roles and responsibilities of this post. Main duties of the job
The Trust is seeking a consultant psychiatrist to join the Intensive service team based at Sandalwood Court, Swindon. This is a full time post.
The Intensive service provides daily, 24 hour rapid assessment and treatment for those in crisis. The team will work with the individual to agree a plan of care and will immediately provide intensive treatment in their home in order to reduce their distress and promote recovery.
If the intensive team consider a period of dedicated treatment in one of our specialist hospitals is the best care option, the team will ensure smooth transfer to hospital and support the individual on their return to home following discharge from hospital.
The Intensive service is the `gate keeping' and discharging agent for Inpatient services.
Swindon is strategically located on the M4 corridor within easy commuting distance to London, Bath and Bristol. It is surrounded by beautiful rural countryside in Wiltshire and is within driving distance of the Cotswolds. It is a bustling multicultural town with major offices of the banking and the IT industry. It has lower unemployment rates and has access to high quality schooling, healthcare and leisure facilities.
As a Trust we are committed to your development, making the very best of your talent and helping you to achieve your career aspirations. We are listed as one of the Inclusive Top 50 Employers, 2018/19. We also offer one of the most competitive and flexible benefits packages. About us
We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust) a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care. We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B& NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset. Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the accompanying job description for full details on the roles and responsibilities of this post.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification
- Relevant Higher Degree e.g MD,PHD,Msc or other additional clinical qualifications
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months of gaining CCT
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- CCT in General Adult Psychiatry
Personal Skills Essential
- Experience of assessing and treating patients in an inpatient/community setting.
Clinical Skills Essential
- To possess leadership skills and be able to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to manage own time, workload and prioritise clinical work
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, in order to effectively work with patients, carers and staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to assess and treat psychiatric problems in Adults of working age and to deal with crisis situations.
- Understanding of the management skills required to function successfully as a Consultant.
Research and Audit Essential
- Commitment to and experience of undergraduate and postgraduate learning and teaching.
- Understand principles of teaching.
- Experience or involvement in a research project and publication.
- Experience of carrying out an audit project.
Employer details Employer name
- Evidence of management/leadership skills training.
Avon & Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust Address
Sandalwood Court, Swindon
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.