Welcome to Fort McMurray and the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo!
We are located in northeast Alberta, nestled in the boreal forest at the confluence of four rivers. Fort McMurray, the largest city in the Municipality. In addition to Fort McMurray, the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo consisted of ten smaller communities.
In addition to Fort McMurray, the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo consists of ten smaller communities with a total population of 81,150. Fort McMurray is considered an urban service area.
Child and Adolescent Physchiatrist
Fort McMurray is seeking a Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist who is eligible for FRCP, to join a diverse team of psychiatrists who participate in hospital and community mental health, including on-call coverage.
Northern Lights Regional Health Centre
7 Hospital Street, Fort McMurray, AB, T9H 1P2
- Reside in and have as his/her primary residence within the community in which the clinical practice is located.
- Establish and maintain full time community based practice within the community of Fort McMurray.
- Provision of extended hour (including evenings & weekends) of comprehensive care within the base community.
- Provide hospital call support as per call schedules.
- Contribute to and participate in teaching programs and activities.
- Interest in Leadership.
- Contribute to and participate in other administrative responsibilities as assigned.
The successful candidate may choose to operate their business by joining an existing practice or by opening their own practice. This is the candidate's business choice and not managed through the recruitment process.
Learn more about Specialist Physician Licensing Process and Specialist Physician Licensing Process on the CPSA website.
Preference will be given to applicants who do not require or have completed the CPSA Preliminary Clinical Assessment.
With a fee for service model, the average yearly income for a Child and Adolescent Physiatrist in Alberta is $389,438CDN (268,062 Euro).
How to Apply:
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity and would like to apply, please click here.
Physician Resource Planner
Alberta Health Services, North Zone
Interested in learning more about Fort McMurray, Alberta? Check out these resources: