We are looking for an enthusiastic general consultant paediatrician to join our team at RCHT and to work with both our regional healthy weights team and eating disorders teams within Cornwall.
The eating disorder team has been in existence since 2015 and we are in the process of expanding our team due to high levels of demand for this service. This is a very exciting time to join our team and help develop our service as we continue to evolve. This post is suitable for consultants who wish to not only develop a special interest and skills in Paediatric Eating Disorders and Young People's Health but to share this expertise in the locality to improve standards of adolescent care.
We would be happy to support post CCT Special Interest Modules (SPINS) in either adolescent medicine or child mental health.
The successful candidate would join our team of 20 Paediatric Consultants. This post is a new post and would require the candidate to work on the general paediatric rota.
The post is 10 programmed activities. Opportunities for less than full-time working are available on discussion.
The new post holder will be required to work on the Neonatal On call rota or the General Paediatric rota.
Main duties of the job
- Maintenance of the highest clinical standards in the management of general paediatric and neonatal patients.
- To share with colleagues responsibility for the day to day management of the child health department.
- Teaching and training of junior staff and medical students where applicable.
- To have responsibility for ensuring active participation in continuing medical education (CME).
- To actively participate in both departmental and Trust matters concerning Clinical Governance and Audit.
- To attend meetings as appropriate.
- Fulfil duties of weekly timetable including any out-of-hours responsibilities.
Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust is the biggest provider of healthcare services in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. Our three main sites are Royal Cornwall Hospital Truro, St Michael's Hospital Hayle and West Cornwall Hospital Penzance, our staff and services are available across the region.
The Trust employs 5,000+ staff, has a budget of 380 million and 750 beds
We work with health and social care organisations -including NHS Kernow and NHS England- to ensure local healthcare needs are met. We provide acute medical, surgical and specialist services to around 500,000- which can increase significantly during busy holiday periods.
The Trust has teaching hospitals status as part of the University of Exeter Medical School. Keeping at the forefront of medical advances, we continually develop clinical services and are committed to maximising the range of specialist care offered locally.
We can offer you a rewarding career in a supportive working environment. We have extensive educational links to help you realise your full potential and develop skills to provide outstanding healthcare to the local community.
Enjoy an outstanding quality of life in a place that offers surfing beaches and fishing harbours to beautiful countryside and historic towns. With clean air, plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities and excellent schools, colleges and universities (including adult education) it is the ideal place for families and for you to develop your own career
PLEASE NOTE: To view the full Job Description and Person Specification, please click the supporting document on the right hand side
To be an employee of the NHS you need to successfully complete the following:
- Identity Checks
- Professional registration and qualification checks
- Employment history and reference checks
- Work health assessments
- Criminal record check standards
- Right to work checks
For further information please visit:
Agency interest will not be considered until this advert has closed
We reserve the right to close this advert early if suitable numbers approach us.
- Full GMC Registration with a licence to practice
- Relevant CCT (in General Paediatrics) or equivalent (equivalence must be confirmed by GMC by date of Advisory Appointments Committee (AAC))
- Entry onto GMC Specialist Register or eligibility for entry within 6 months of the date of the AAC
- Higher degree or additional qualification (e.g. MD, MSc
- Clinical training and experience in paediatrics equivalent to that required for UK CCT
- Able to practice independently at the level expected of a consultant in paediatrics.
- Applicable SPIN modules
- Experience Paediatric Eating Disorders
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.