The consultant (post holder) will provide medical input in to the Community Mental Health Team, the Memory Service and the Care Home Liaison team for designated surgeries within the Clinical Commissioning Group area. The post holder will work within three teams, the West Wilts, Yatton Keynell and Devizes (WWYKD) CMHT, the North Memory team and the Care Home Liaison Team.
The post holder will serve provide consultant medical input to a population of approximately 22,500 older adults registered with GP practices within the WWKYD area. The catchment area will be the same for each team the post holder works within.
The post holder will be supported by 0.4 whole time equivalent of input from an Advance Nurse Practioner (ANP). The post holder will be encouraged to be a trainer.
The post holder does not have care coordinating case load. Main duties of the job
The Consultant will deliver direct interventions to service users at a level of intensity according to need including those service users who require an assertive approach who are difficult to engage. This will include on-going assessment, diagnoses (including review and clarification) and treatment of mental and physical health needs.
- To provide advice to members of the Multi-Disciplinary Teams
- Regular attendance at the Team MDT meetings.
- Assessment and treatment of outpatients in clinics.
- To hold CPA meetings for outpatients.
- To visit patients in their own place of residence if clinically indicated.
- To liaise with other parts of the service and GPs and non NHS organisations wherever applicable.
- To liaise with the Intensive and Inpatient services as appropriate to facilitate the smooth handover of clients between services.
- To prepare Mental Health Act Tribunal reports and participate in Mental Health Act Tribunal meetings (Community Treatment Order patients).
- To provide medical and AC responsibility for patients from designated GP practices.
o To actively participate in team and personal caseload management and supervision. About us
We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust) a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care. We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B& NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset. Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care. Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the accompanying job description for full details on the roles and responsibilities of this post.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification
- Relevant Higher Degree e.g MD,PHD,Msc or other additional clinical qualifications
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months of gaining CCT
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- CCT in General Adult Psychiatry
Personal Skills Essential
- Experience of assessing and treating patients in a community setting.
Clinical Skills Essential
- To possess leadership skills and be able to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to manage own time, workload and prioritise clinical work
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, in order to effectively work with patients, carers and staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to assess and treat psychiatric problems in Adults of working age and to deal with crisis situations.
- Understanding of the management skills required to function successfully as a Consultant.
Research and Audit Essential
- Commitment to and experience of undergraduate and postgraduate learning and teaching.
- Understand principles of teaching.
- Experience or involvement in a research project and publication.
- Experience of carrying out an audit project.
Employer details Employer name
- Evidence of management/leadership skills training.
Avon & Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust Address
Green Lane Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.