This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high functioning Home Treatment and Urgent Assessment Team in a CQC rated Outstanding Trust. You will join the 1 wte consultant already leading a well-resourced MDT including trainees and specialty doctors. You will have senior clinical responsibilities within the Home Treatment Team, Health Based Place of Safety and Urgent Assessment Team, providing a holistic and assertive service for working age adults presenting in mental health crisis. The team is based at Homerton Hospital site, near the mental health and physical health inpatient services. The service base is very central to the borough with good bus and overground connections.Main duties of the job
The post has been made available as the previous consultant retired. The post holder will contribute as a senior member of staff to service development within the team, offer consultations, assessments & appropriate treatments to individuals referred to the team, most notably to those with highest levels of complexity or risks. They will develop close links with Acute Wards and Community teams, including newly established Neighbourhood Mental Health Teams. They will work with service users to develop service user input to service delivery and development. The current caseload is approximately 40 patients, with 80-90 referrals a month.About us
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations. Job description Job responsibilities
For further information relating to this vacancy please see attached job description and person specification.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Medical degree, MBBS or equivalent
- Fully registered with the General Medical Council
- Eligible for inclusion in the GMC Specialist Register (or Specialist Registrar within 6 months of gaining CCT).
- Membership of the Royal College Of Psychiatrists or equivalent qualification (in accordance with RCPsych Guidelines)
- With or eligible for Approved Clinician status (MHA, 2007)
- Higher Degree in relevant area
- Experience of clinical work in General Adult Psychiatrist at ST4-6 or Consultant level in the last three years
- Experience and knowledge of psychopharmacology.
- Experience of working in adult inpatient psychiatry services and especially in the assessment and treatment of Psychosis.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of the application of the Mental Health Act
- Understanding of the social aspects relevant to psychiatry
Clinical Skills Essential
- Experience of EI Psychiatry
- Experience of working with psychotherapy models of care
- Knowledge & experience of recovery-informed service delivery and working with patients as experts by experience
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team and provide leadership to the team
- Expertise in risk assessment and the use of evidence based interventions for the treatment of psychosis, mood disorders and co-morbidities
- Confidence in therapeutic risk taking
- Commitment to clinical governance
- Experience in teaching junior staff
- Good teaching and communication skills
- Ability to train and supervise junior medical staff and medical students / staff from other disciplines
- Experience of teaching non-medical mental health professionals
- Medical education qualification
- Able and willing to teach medical students and lecture on undergraduate and MRCPsych courses
Personal skills Essential
- Interest & willing to supervise research, audit or QI projects.
- Published research
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage complex workloads and support others to do that
- Commitment to working with service users in ongoing services development.
- Cultural sensitivity, ability to work with a diverse population.
- Commitment to continuing professional development.
- Management, performance and leadership courses.
Employer details Employer name
- Able to travel between sites as required.
East London NHS Foundation Trust Address
City and Hackney Centre for Mental Health, Homerton Row
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.