We are seeking a full time Consultant Clinical or Medical Oncologist based at the Royal Preston Hospital and Chorley District Hospital.
Clinical/Medical oncology is exciting, rewarding, and rapidly evolving. Our Oncologists are members of a number of multidisciplinary teams in a variety of clinical settings, who are established, diverse and knowledgeable.
We are looking for a consultant to join our expanding team. You will have a specialist interest Lung and Breast.
We want you to use your skills, qualities and experience to influence the future direction of our service.
We would love to welcome you into our team and in return we can promise to encourage and support you to develop special areas of interest, expertise and leadership whether that is in research, service development, teaching or other areas of science and healthcare.
We are currently rolling out an installation of a 1.3 million project to develop Surface-guided Radiotherapy (SGRT) systems and introduction into clinical use for Breast and other sites to further support our ambition for increased treatment accuracy and deliver tattoo less and more comfortable head and neck treatments where possible. There are many more exciting projects on the horizon and we would welcome you to be part of our journey.
Are you the right person for this role? Well what are you waiting for, Tracey Ellis, Clinical Director is waiting for your call: 01772 524201 or email: email@example.comMain duties of the job
The post is for a Consultant Clinical Oncologist for a vacancy which requires site specialist interest in Lung and Breast.
In addition, the post holder will be expected:
- To provide a comprehensive Oncology service together with consultant colleagues and provide Oncology expertise in the management and development of site specialist cancer services. To collaborate with colleagues within the department to develop Oncology services.
- To work with and support the established multi-disciplinary site specific teams.
- To participate in the out of hours on call service.
- To liaise closely with surgeons, physicians and staff in other specialities and within the Trusts.
- To support the service during Consultant colleagues' leave.
- To provide supervision and management of junior medical staff.
- To undertaking teaching, examination and accreditations duties as requires and contribute to postgraduate and continuing education both locally and nationally.
- To undertake clinical audit, continuing medical education, contribute to the annual appraisal process and undertake annual job planning review.
- To undertake research
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust providessystemic and radiotherapy treatments for Lancashire and South Cumbria with its base at the Royal Preston Hospital as the Rosemere Cancer Centre. We work together with our partner's across the Lancashire and South Cumbria Cancer Alliance. The Cancer Centre has grown considerably since we opened in 1997 and we are proud of our reputation for excellent patient centred care and collaborative working.
The centre saw a large expansion in 2012 co-locating chemotherapy and out-patient services alongside radiotherapy. A second chemotherapy unit was opened in 2017 at the Chorley site, continuing the investment into Oncology services in the organisation.
In late 2021, our dedicated 24 bedded oncology Ribblesdale ward was fully refurbished Services are supported by our Macmillan Information Centre and by the Rosemere Cancer Foundation Charity. Job description Job responsibilities
A formal job plan will be agreed between the appointee and their Clinical Director on behalf of the Medical Director, with review one and then three months after the commencement date of the appointee. The job plan and timetable for the first three months is provisional. The job plan will then be reviewed annually, following the Appraisal Meeting.
The full time job plan will contain approximately 7.5 DCC PAs (including clinic activity, admin, Radiotherapy and chemo prescribing, MDT attendance and radiotherapy peer review). Travel time would be paid.
SPA is 2.5 PAs on average per week depending upon interests with 1.5 PAs being core SPA. This includes activities for revalidation, CPD, statutory and mandatory training and appraisal as per the trusts job planning policy and to allow consultants to attend relevant governance meetings audit / safety and quality / departmental and consultant meetings.
On call is second on, delivered currently as a whole week up to 4 times a year. In Patient reviews at the weekend are also an expectation. There is the option for part time people to buddy up and share the on call working week.
Please refer to the attached Job description, Person specification and Specialty/ Trust Brochure for further details on:
Person Specification Essential and Desirable Essential
- What we can offer
- Job Plan/On-call Requirements
- The Team
- Full GMC Registration and Licence to Practice
- Trained Clinical Supervisor
- Wide experience of Oncology practice- including relevant experience in Radiotherapy and chemotherapy
- Evidence of clinical leadership
- Evidence of commitment to audit and improving clinical practice/service development
Employer details Employer name
- Higher research or educational degree
- Trained Educational Supervisor Stereotactic radiotherapy experience
- MBBS or equivalent Holds CCT or equivalent
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Address
Royal Preston Hospital
Sharoe Green Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.