Applicants are welcomed to apply for the post of Consultant Gastroenterologist at the Royal Cornwall Hospital, Truro.
An exciting opportunity is available to join a large, progressive, teaching hospital Gastroenterology department in the heart of the desirable county of Cornwall. The successful candidate will join a team of ten luminal gastroenterologist and four hepatologists. The department delivers a broad set of specialty and subspecialty services supported by state-of-the-art equipment and excellent access to all the required support services. The department has both strong links with other units within the South West Peninsula but also with large units around the country.
The Department is keen to further expand the already large portfolio of subspecialty services by appointing an enthusiastic and dynamic colleague willing to develop skills in cutting edge areas of Gastroenterology. Necessary training to achieve this goal may be supported with extra job-planned time. The department is also active in both medical education and research and there is ample opportunity for colleagues to develop a significant interest in these area with the chance to take on significant Medical School roles if interested.
Cornwall is famous as a beautiful county and a fabulous place to live. To be able to combine this whilst working in an innovative department with huge opportunities for professional and service development is relatively unique.Main duties of the job
- Maintenance of the highest clinical standards in the management of Gastroenterology patients.
- To develop subspecialty interests and skills supported as required by the department
- To share with colleagues responsibility for the day to day management of the Gastroenterology department.
- Teaching and training of medical students and post-graduate doctors
- To have responsibility for ensuring active participation in continuing medical education (CME).
- To actively participate in both departmental and Trust matters concerning Clinical Governance and Audit.
- To attend meetings as appropriate.
- Fulfill duties of weekly timetable.
Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust is the biggest provider of healthcare services in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. Our three main sites are Royal Cornwall Hospital Truro, St Michael's Hospital Hayle and West Cornwall Hospital Penzance, our staff and services are available across the region.
The Trust employs 5,000+ staff, has a budget of 380 million and 750 beds. We work with health and social care organisations -including NHS Kernow and NHS England- to ensure local healthcare needs are met. We provide acute medical, surgical and specialist services to around 500,000- which can increase significantly during busy holiday periods.
The Trust has teaching hospitals status as part of the University of Exeter Medical School. Keeping at the forefront of medical advances, we continually develop clinical services and are committed to maximising the range of specialist care offered locally.
We can offer you a rewarding career in a supportive working environment. We have extensive educational links to help you realise your full potential and develop skills to provide outstanding healthcare to the local community.
Enjoy an outstanding quality of life in a place that offers surfing beaches and fishing harbours to beautiful countryside and historic towns. With clean air, plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities and excellent schools, colleges and universities (including adult education) it is the ideal place for families and for you to develop your own career. Job description Job responsibilitiesPLEASE NOTE: To view the full Job Description and Person Specification, please click the supporting document on the right-hand side
Sustainability is integral to the Trust achieving the NHS Net Zero target. All staff are therefore actively encouraged and supported to implement new ways of working within their field of expertise. To be an employee of the NHS you need to successfully complete the following:
- Identity Checks
- Professional registration and qualification checks
- Employment history and reference checks
- Work health assessments
- Criminal record check standards
- Right to work checks
For further information please visit:
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- We reserve the right to close this advert early, or when the allocated number of applications has been reached. Please submit your application at the earliest opportunity.
- Agency interest will not be considered until this advert has closed.
- GMC Registration with a licence to practice
- GMC Specialist Register or within six months of obtaining CCT (or equivalent) at time of interview.
- MRCP (UK) or equivalent
- Higher Degree e.g. MD or PhD
- Teaching (Medical Students, peers, MDT)
- Experiencing of working within Gastroenterology
- Experienced in Clinical Audit and Clinical Governance
Employer details Employer name
- Train the trainers course
- Management course
Royal Cornwall Hospitals Trust Address
Royal Cornwall Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.