Are you a Consultant Psychiatrist seeking a new professional challenge and a warmer climate?
We have opportunities to secure a rewarding new career as a Consultant Psychiatrist in a number of WA Health public hospitals in Perth, Western Australia.
Opportunities available include Community, Inpatient, General Adult, CAMHS, Addiction Medicine and Older Adult.
- Stunning natural attractions, coastal living and all without sacrificing the benefits of a vibrant, dynamic, metropolitan city;
- Earn up to AUD$456k (dependent upon experience);
- Extensive quality education facilities including public and private schools, TAFE and universities;
- Beautiful Mediterranean climate;
- Commitment to ongoing professional development, including conference leave, in addition to annual leave and long service leave entitlements;
- Flexible work/life balance;
- Dynamic team environments.
The Consultant Psychiatrist is responsible for:
- providing high-quality psychiatry services and consumer care;
- developing formal links with primary care givers and external Mental Health Services to promote continuity of treatment and shared care management;
- working in collaboration with the other clinicians and leaders to provide multidisciplinary consideration of needs;
- providing support and supervision for training junior medical staff within the department.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA (ABPN certified) or New Zealand.
- 3 years Consultant/Specialist level work experience.
- A minimum of 6 months in a formal training post in Child and Adolescent psychiatry in your basic or advanced training (if not FRANZCP).
We have a dedicated Registration Team who seamlessly manage all aspects of your regulatory and work visa applications after you accept a suitable job offer. This includes exemption requests for travel to Australia due to current border closures in some states. Our aim is to get you ready to start work within agreed timeframes and with minimal hassle to you or your new employer.
For more information about these positions or opportunities in other locations within Australia, please contact Karen Prosser on email@example.com