The post holder will work flexibly within the Trust, deputising in theatre for Consultant absences and providing on-call cover for the Anaesthetic and ITU rota tiers.
Experience of Obstetrics and ICU in the UK are desirable.
Further training, and ongoing supervision in sub-specialities will be provided as needed and required. There may be the opportunity to continue or develop a sub-speciality.
The post is for a period of one year initially, renewable by mutual consent.
Main duties of the job
The post is for 48 hours per week and the post holder will participate in a 1 in 8 full shift rota covering Critical Care or Obstetric Anaesthesia.
The successful candidates will be working 7 nights, 7 long days (08:00-20:30), and 7 twilights with the remaining days as normal days in an 8 week period.
The rota is fully compliant with the European Working Time Directive including internal cover.
North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust provides acute care to our local communities via two District General Hospitals in Peterborough and Huntingdon, and a community hospital in Stamford.
We are promoting flexible working and a health work/home life balance. Agile working options are automatically considered for all roles within the Trust.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) and candidates from our local communities.
Your package with us includes a lot more than just your pay and here are a few of the additional benefits that are available to you as an employee:
- Relocation allowance in line with the Trust policy
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement, starting at 27 days a year (for full time workers) plus bank/public holidays
- Free staff car parking on all our hospital sites during this financial year
- In-house Physiotherapy Services
- Career development and training opportunities
- Emotional Wellbeing Service covering a range of online support, access to mobile apps and 24/7 counselling services
- Subsidised meals at our hospital restaurants
- Access to exclusive discounts, cashback and vouchers via NHS Discounts and Blue Light Card
If you share our values and vision and are passionate about working with people on what matters to them, you could be a real asset to Team North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust.
Any sub-specialist interest in Anaesthesia would be encouraged, and we would endeavour to incorporate it into the working program.
In addition, we have an active educational program and would support and encourage the acquisition of the FRCA, if required. We have a good track record of preparing juniors for the ST4 application.
So far as is consistent with the proper discharge of the above duties, the post holder undertakes to deputise from time to time for absent colleagues, and exceptionally to perform additional duties in emergencies or unforeseen circumstances
- MBBS or equivalent
- Full GMC Registration
- oMinimum 2 years anaesthesia & ICU experience in a UK training post or equivalent
- Initial Assessment of Competence Certificate or equivalent
- Primary FRCA pass or equivalent
- 21 months anaesthesia and 3 months ICU experience in UK training post
- RCA Basic Level Training Certificate or equivalent
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.