Interview date to be confirmed.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Locum Consultant to join our Oncology team. The appointee will work with site specific local and specialist MDTs for Breast Cancer at UHCW and SWUFT. You will be expected to support the Acute Oncology Service and the Oncology ward in-patient care, as necessary on working days.
Our Oncology team is comprised of 23 Clinical Oncologists and 2 Medical Oncologists at the UHCW Cancer Centre, serving UHCW and the adjoining Cancer Units at South Warwickshire University NHS Foundation Trust (SWUFT), George Eliot Hospital (GEH), Stratford Rigby Unit and Rugby Maple Unit. Please note that this is a post either in Clinical or Medical Oncology.
Main duties of the job
- Take ongoing responsibility for patients under your care.
- Provide a Consultation service and advisory service to other clinical colleagues in other specialities within the Trust and Primary Care.
- Attend site-specific MDTs and participate in, and support, the multidisciplinary care team which includes Medical Oncologists, Clinical Oncologists, Surgeons, the relevant junior team, Specialist Nursing Staff, Therapists, Dietitians, Social Workers, Palliative Care and Psychology Services for patients and families.
- Participate in regular clinical meetings and other postgraduate activities.
- Participate in Departmental Error Reviews and will support the Departmental and Trust clinical risk management policies and procedures.
- Participate in the monthly mortality and morbidity meetings.
- Provide clinical leadership and support for the effective development of site-specific services and attend the relevant operational meetings.
- Seek ways of improving the efficiency of the service without sacrificing quality.
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire (UHCW) NHS Trust, rated as good by the Care Quality Commission, is one of the largest teaching Trusts in the UK.
We are extremely proud of our skilled employees across our hospital sites in Coventry and Rugby, with high quality patient care positioned at the heart of everything we do.
Boasting some of the most modern facilities in Western Europe, the Trust is renowned for being at the forefront of research and innovation as part of its blossoming reputation as a national and international leader in healthcare.
By joining our exciting journey, you will form part of a passionate, talented team and will be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities.
There has never been a better time to join our team.
For further information on this Locum Consultant post, please refer to the job description and person specification.
Further Training and Knowledge
Skills and Ability
Commitment to Trust Values and Behaviours
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.