Consultant in Adult Allergy (General Respiratory Medicine)
This is a substantive post, full time for a Respiratory Consultant with special interest in Allergy. The post holder will join a dynamic and forward thinking Respiratory team within the Sub-Specialty of Adult Allergy.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic adult allergist to help shape, develop and deliver the specialist allergy services within the University Hospitals of Leicester. An Allergy service has existed in Leicester for over 3 decades and has grown, evolved and matured over that time. Joint working practices between RRCV and CSI enables the maintenance of close links between the two CMGs including academic links. This post will be based at Glenfield hospital where currently most outpatient, immunotherapy and challenge work takes place.
Glenfield Respiratory services have a proven track record of innovation and the post holder will be expected to support the on-going development of services.
Main duties of the job
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POST
The overriding purpose is to support the provision of highest quality patient care through personal actions and continuous improvement.
(additional information is in the Job Description
We are one of the largest and busiest acute teaching Trusts in England with a team of approximately 15,000 dedicated employees.
Our patients are the most important thing to us and we are constantly striving to improve the care they receive, through looking at the ways we work, ensuring our staff are highly trained and encouraging research which allows us to offer our patients the latest technologies, techniques and medicines.
We serve the one million residents of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland - and increasingly specialist services over a much wider area.
Spread over the General, Glenfield and Royal Infirmary hospitals, we work closely with partners at the University of Leicester and De Montfort University, providing world-class teaching to nurture and develop the next generation of doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals, many of whom go on to spend their working lives with us.
Wherever employees work at whatever level, they are valued and contribute to the Trust's purpose of delivering 'caring at its best'.
Our Trust Values are:
- We treat people how we would like to be treated
- We do what we say we are going to do
- We focus on what matters most
- We are one team and we are best when we work together
- We are passionate and creative in our work
Key Tasks for the post include:
- Sharing responsibility with current consultants for allergy services in Leicester
- To deliver specialised and non-specialised Allergy out patient work
- To support specialised desensitisation (immunotherapy) services for aeroallergen, venom and food allergy
- To support delivery of biological therapies in allergic disease
- To support delivery of specialised food, latex and drug challenge clinics
- To work collaboratively towards ongoing compliance with IQAS Allergy service requirements
- To represent the service locally for Allergy specialised services
- To support the academic and clinical strategies of the department
- To contribute to clinical audit, collating clinical guidelines and standard operating procedures and establishing local patient data bases
- To contribute to a working week specialist opinion for in patients under the care of clinical teams
(more detailed duties are within the Job Description)
Qualifications / Training
- MB BS or Equivalent Full GMC Registration Fully Accredited for Higher Specialist
- Clear, fluent and articulate in verbal and written presentation
- Evidence of Clinical Management with evidence of delivering change, preferably within an acute care setting
Experience / Clinical Skills
- Competence in all aspects of adult allergy management.
- Excellent clinical skills and experience requisite to meeting all aspects of the Job Plan.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.