This post will work closely with the Consultant Dermatologists to support their Dermatology Skin Pathways and the newly emerging Skin Lesion Service as well as with other clinicians to support Skin Cancer Pathways.
Regular teleconferences occur with the regional MDM coordinated through Cambridge University Hospital (CUH). At present CUH provides a sentinel lymph node biopsy and Mohs service.
Along with our main skin oncology role we also provide a General Plastic Surgery Service for the population, as well as support for Colorectal and Gynaecology in relation to Perineal/Pelvic Reconstruction and the Orthopaedic and Trauma Service in the management of lower limb and hand trauma and general soft tissue coverage.
All surgery is undertaken either at Peterborough City Hospital, Hinchingbrooke Hospital or Stamford Hospital for day case local anaesthetic cases 5 days per week.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will work alongside our PCH & HH based Consultants in providing a General Plastic Surgery Service with a particular focus on Skin Oncology but, will also provide support for other specialities.
Out of hours responsibilities where applicable (elective inpatients and joint cases) but at the present time there is no acute on call commitment. With the development of the department this is anticipated to change.
Cover for colleagues' annual leave and other authorised absences.
Any responsibility which relates to a special interest.
Be given opportunities to develop surgical skills and clinical management experience commensurate with their level of training. A wide range of surgery on offer will give opportunity to develop deficient areas.
Partaking in medical audit, the Trust's Clinical Governance processes and in CPD.
Involvement in research
Where it is agreed between the parties, work on behalf of North West Anglia NHS Foundation trust such as domiciliary consultation or services provided by the Trust for other agencies, e.g. the prison service.
The post holder must at all times carry out his/her duties with due regard to the Trusts Equal Opportunities Policy.
All staff that have access to or transfer data are responsible for that data and must respect confidentiality and comply with the requirement of the Data Protection Act 1998, in line with the Trusts policies.About us
North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust provides acute care to our local communities via two District General Hospitals in Peterborough and Huntingdon, and a community hospital in Stamford.
We are promoting flexible working and a health work/home life balance. Agile working options are automatically considered for all roles within the Trust.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) and candidates from our local communities.
Your package with us includes a lot more than just your pay and here are a few of the additional benefits that are available to you as an employee:
- Relocation allowance in line with the Trust policy
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement, starting at 27 days a year (for full time workers) plus bank/public holidays
- Free staff car parking on all our hospital sites during this financial year
- In-house Physiotherapy Services
- Career development and training opportunities
- Emotional Wellbeing Service covering a range of online support, access to mobile apps and 24/7 counselling services
- Subsidised meals at our hospital restaurants
- Access to exclusive discounts, cashback and vouchers via NHS Discounts and Blue Light Card
If you share our values and vision and are passionate about working with people on what matters to them, you could be a real asset to Team North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust. Job description Job responsibilitiesKey Tasks:
Person Specification Essential Essential
- Maintenance of highest clinical standards in the management of plastic surgery patients
- To share with colleagues responsibility for the day to day management of the plastic surgery department
- Teaching and Training of junior staff and medical students
- To actively participate in both departmental and Trust matters concerning Clinical Governance and Audit
- To have responsibility for ensuring active participation in continuing medical education (CME)
- oFull GMC registration with a licence to practice.
- oExperience in plastic surgery, in particular the management of skin cancer.
- oEvidence in participation in well founded audit and quality improvement projects
- oExperience of undergraduate and post graduate teaching
- oEvidence of participation in management and leadership Evidence of National and/or international presentations
Employer details Employer name
- oExperience of working in the NHS or similar healthcare systems
- oEvidence of publications in peer review journals
- oEvidence of clinical research
North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust Address
Peterborough City Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.