Interviews will take place on 16th August 2023. Please note that this vacancy is pending Royal College approval.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Consultant to join the Oral & Maxillofacial surgery department at University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust. The successful candidate will provide a comprehensive Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery service to the population of Coventry and Warwickshire. We are looking to appoint a dynamic team player who will take part in the general Oral & Maxillofacial services, and who will be encouraged to develop a subspecialty interest that complements the department and needs of the local population.
Our Oral & Maxillofacial team are based in the main outpartient department with rooms for minor surgical procedures and orthodontics / restorative dentistry. Major in-patient operating is provided only on the UHCW, with patients being cared for principally on Ward 23 with Head and Neck, Maxillofacial and ENT. Our team have an excellent prosthetic service which suports maxillofacial, head and neck, breast and plastic surgical services and has an in-house 3D printer for planning and model construction.
Main duties of the job
- Work with other members of the team to provide a comprehensive general OMFS service to Primary Care Trusts and General Dental and Medical Practitioners.
- Provide a consultation and advisory service to clinical colleagues in other specialities within the Trust.
- Be encouraged to develop a subspecialty practice which compliments existing members of the team.
- Participate in the maxillofacial on-call rota with consultant colleagues.
- Participate in regular clinical meetings and other postgraduate activities.
- Demonstrate financial awareness and understand the impact of you and your team's decisions.
- Comply with all relevant Trust policies and procedures.
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire (UHCW) NHS Trust, rated as good by the Care Quality Commission, is one of the largest teaching Trusts in the UK.
We are extremely proud of our skilled employees across our hospital sites in Coventry and Rugby, with high quality patient care positioned at the heart of everything we do.
Boasting some of the most modern facilities in Western Europe, the Trust is renowned for being at the forefront of research and innovation as part of its blossoming reputation as a national and international leader in healthcare.
By joining our exciting journey, you will form part of a passionate, talented team and will be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities.
There has never been a better time to join our team.
For further information around this Consultant post, please refer to the job description and person specification.
Knowledge and Experience
Teaching and Education
Audit, Governance and Research
Commitment to Trust Values and Behaviours
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.