As part of our growth strategy, Betsi Cadwaladr University Local Health Board are currently looking to appoint a full-time (10 sessions) Specialty Doctor in Liaison Psychiatry, based in the Heddfan Unit, Wrexham, North Wales.
Liaison Services in North Wales have recently gone through a major expansion phase. The liaison team has become multidisciplinary, offering both assessment and brief interventions and is moving from a 'core 24' to an 'enhanced' service. This post will cover adults over the age of 18.Main duties of the job
For a list of full duties please see job description.
North Wales is the perfect place to Train, work and live. With stunning surroundings, affordable housing, great schools and a true sense of community wherever you go, North Wales is the perfect place to settle down on your own or with a family.
BCHUB is committed to improving the working lives of our employees. We actively promote equal opportunities, flexible working and staff support. Applications from those wishing to work less than full time will be encouraged.
BCULHB is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. This post is subject to a satisfactory Criminal Records Bureau check being made.About us
There has never been a better time to join our growing team within our Mental Health and Learning Disabilities Division.
With a new leadership team in place we're investing in our services to transform the way they are delivered. We are continuously developing and expanding the range of support, care and treatment we offer to people across North Wales. This includes establishing new exciting roles in our community and inpatient teams and a clear pathway for staff to continue to learn and progress throughout their career. Job description Job responsibilities
Please see additional information for a full job description and person specification along with all further documents.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Full Registration with the General Medical Council
- Minimum of four years (full time or equivalent) in postgraduate training in the UK or equivalent EEA training.
- At least two years training must be in the relevant specialty or recognised equivalent training (this is defined as the successful completion of the Foundation programme, followed by either successful completion of ST1 and ST2 or CT1 and CT2 or as a FTSTA or its recognised equivalent)
Personal Skills Essential
- Section 12(2) Approved
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Good team working skills.
Experience Essential Desirable
- Ability to communicate in the medium of Welsh.
Management and Audit Essential
- 2 years' experience in Adult psychiatry.
- Experience in liaison psychiatry for a minimum of 1 year
- Experience of Clinical Audit
- Evidence of ability to contribute to service management
Professional Interests Essential
- Evidence of participation in medical and multi-disciplinary teaching.
- Knowledge of the up-to-date literature
Car Owner / Driver Essential
- Evidence of the development of special interest
- Membership of appropriate professional society/ies
Employer details Employer name
- Car owner with full driving license
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board Address
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.