Would you like a job in the largest hospital in the South West as a Specialist Lead Radiographer? Do you have strong clinical/ leadership skills in general radiography & want to develop an essential imaging service?
We have the below:
B7 Specialist Lead Radiographer, GP X-Ray Imaging Service: Full time & permanent.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team as a B7 specialist lead radiographer leading the GP X-Ray Imaging service. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic HCPC registered Radiographer to join our dynamic mobile imaging team at UHPT. Applications are welcomed from radiographers with demonstrable post graduate experience within an NHS acute setting as a B6/7 general radiographer with proven excellent clinical knowledge of all aspects of radiography.
The GP X-Ray Imaging Service at UHPT encompasses six peripheral imaging units, over a wide geographical area, as well as on site provision at Derriford Hospital. Successful candidates will be able to gain a wide range of experience in service improvement, leadership, team management, and development of staff.
This role also has the X-Ray service line responsibility to oversee an effective service line framework of Clinical Governance throughout the X-Ray modality remit.
***Preference will be given to internal Trust staff, as well as 'Priority' and 'At Risk' status including NHS At Risk staff throughout Devon who are able to display recent relevant experience as dictated by the Person Specification.***Main duties of the job
As a Lead Radiographer you would be expected to provide clinical excellence, liaise with all service users, lead service development, and manage the day-to-day organisation of the clinical areas whilst consistently providing effective and efficient leadership. This role will be expected to provide support across the whole X-ray (Plain Film) Imaging team as part of a rolling rota of Duty Floor Radiographer duties, and in the absence of the X-Ray Modality Lead Radiographer.
The department hosts undergraduate radiographers on placement from the University of Exeter and the University of Plymouth as well as training apprentice radiographers: you will be expected to be actively involved in their training and supervision as part of your role, whilst supporting the wider team. All candidates must be enthusiastic about teaching and supporting learners in the clinical environment.
This position carries a commitment to Agenda for Change compliant 7 day working at Derriford Hospital and peripheral sites. You will be expected to work flexible hours across the week.About us
We are a people business - where every member of staff matters and can make a difference. Patients are at the heart of everything we do. Joining University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust means becoming part of a team of dedicated staff, who are committed to leading the way through innovation, clinical excellence and great customer care. The Trust has great opportunities for career development in a highly progressive working environment. We offer all of this in a vibrant, modern city with a historic reputation for adventure. PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL COMMUNICATION WILL BE ELECTRONIC, PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT REGULARLY. If you have any issues with applying online and need additional support including reasonable adjustments with the application process please contact the recruitment team on 01752 432100. We recognise that work life balance is important for our colleagues and so we invite requests from applicants around less than full time/flexible working for our advertised roles. Please contact the recruiting manager to discuss this prior to your application submission. We commit to giving this full consideration in each case. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles, as diversity strengthens our teams. It is sometimes necessary to close vacancies before the closing date. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted.Job description Job responsibilities
The primary aim of this post will be to provide operational leadership for capacity and demand within the GP X-Ray Imaging Service, liaising with multi-disciplinary teams, QA Lead radiographer, the Imaging Service Line, and Trust, reporting to the Modality Lead radiographer. You will be a valuable member of a team of specialist radiographers delivering a quality led, caring and timely imaging service. The GP X-Ray Imaging service aims to contribute to the wider supportive imaging environment with a focus on patient care, safe and quality practice, and staff well-being. You will provide clinical leadership to junior staff in the department and ensure governance agenda is delivered in line with trust structure.
Additionally, this post has an X-Ray service line responsibility for, in collaboration with the Service line Governance Lead, overseeing an effective and robust Clinical Governance framework throughout the X-Ray modality remit.
You will be expected to work collaboratively with other health and social care leads across the Trust as appropriate and promote the role of imaging to all stakeholders.
As an imaging department, we are committed to providing increased opportunities to gain more experience in specialist areas and professional development. We have Assistant Practitioners, apprentice radiographers and reporting radiographers in post, as well as advanced clinical practitioners and consultant radiographers, demonstrating a commitment to developing a 4 tier structure of radiography.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- BSc in Diagnostic Radiography or equivalent
- Current HCPC registration
- Willingness to undertake Radiation Protection Supervisor training.
- Willingness to work towards practitioner status for plain film imaging
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE Essential
- Willingness to undertake Leadership course
- Post graduate qualification
- Proven evidence of involvement with research.
- Extensive post graduate demonstrable experience across mobile and theatre imaging and general radiography.
- Previous demonstrable experience at a senior level within imaging.
- Proven evidence of leadership and team working abilities.
- Demonstrable experience of appraising and supervising junior staff /students and apprentices.
- Demonstrable experience of teaching.
- Proven evidence of CPD and relevant post graduate training and integrating EBP into current practice.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering imaging provision within a large Clinical Setting.
APTITUDE & ABILITIES Essential
- Proven evidence of understanding and utilisation of a range of methods to ensure effective communication within the Department, Imaging Service and Trust
- Previous working at Band 7 level within the acute healthcare setting
- Able to deal with a broad range of personalities, experience of dealing with HR issues
- Ability to establish rapport with patients, particularly children in order to obtain trust quickly
DISPOSITION / ATTITUDE / MOTIVATION Essential
- Ability to adapt to change within the work area.
- Ability to interpret the Trust's policy on Violence and Aggression in order to maintain a safe working environment for yourself and colleagues
- Works in a calm and organised manner and mixes in well as part of cohesive team.
- Ability to demonstrate and build working relationships with people at all levels within the multidisciplinary teams.
- To have a caring, sensitive attitude towards other people, patients and staff providing compassionate leadership
- Ability to motivate, inspire and gain commitment
- Highly motivated to provide a quality service
- Professional at all times
- Able to demonstrate a commitment and understanding of the importance of treating all individuals with dignity and respect appropriate to their individual needs.
- Willing to take and give constructive criticism
Employer details Employer name
- Must be available to work over a seven day period, participate with imaging on-call service and in future service demands.
University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust Address
Derriford Hospital - University Hospitals NHS Trust
Derriford Road, Crownhill, Plymouth, Devon
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.