The post-holder must either be post-CCT or within three months of their anticipated CCT date.
It is anticipated that the successful applicant will work closely alongside the obstetric leadership and governance teams, and play an active role in audit, governance, and quality improvement within the division.
The successful applicant must be able to participate in the junior doctors on call rota as a senior registrar and provide support to more junior doctors on the rota. In addition, it is anticipated that the successful applicant will provide senior obstetric cover for maternity triage.
The division will undertake to support the successful applicant through leadership programmes via the NHS Leadership Academy (mostly likely Mary Seacole and Edward Jenner) and provide the necessary academic time.
There will be the opportunity for the successful applicant to undertake a further ATSM in Labour Ward Lead or in another ATSM of their choice if available within the department, to be discussed prior to appointment.Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will be involved in facilitating multi-disciplinary teaching to junior doctors and midwifery staff, liaising with the Education Team with regards to learning from incidents and participate in multi-disciplinary training programmes such as PROMPT together with the Education Lead and lead for fetal monitoring.
The division will provide the successful applicant with the necessary skills, experience and formal qualifications to be able to apply for a role with an obstetric leadership component.
It is anticipated that this will be a fixed term appointment for one year.On call duties
The post-holder will participate in the on-call rota as a senior registrar (ST5-7 level) for both obstetrics and gynaecology - there will be additional support if required for complex surgical cases.About us
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together.
We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate, and support an inclusive working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect. We aim to create an equitable working environment where every individual can fulfil their potential.Barts Health supports The Pregnancy Loss Pledge and commits to supporting their staff through the distress of miscarriage. Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the job description and person specification for the main responsibilities of this role.Person Specification Education Essential
- Full GMC registration
- MRCOG or appropriate qualification
- ATSM Advanced LW practice
- Relevant CCT or equivalent (equivalence must be confirmed by PMETB/GMC by date of advisory appointments committee)
- Clinical training and experience equivalent to that required for gaining UK CCT in relevant specialty
- Evidence of participation in audit and quality improvement
- Ability to take responsibility for clinical care of patients and operate as a senior registrar in a busy tertiary unit.
- Experience of teaching and supervising junior medical staff
- A track record in Quality improvement
- Experience in Clinical Audit
- Formal training in quality and improvement methodology
- Peer Reviewed publications
Employer details Employer name
- Good interpersonal skills and a caring attitude to patients
- Commitment to continuing medical education
- An awareness of their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Good organisational skills
- A clear vision of safe maternity culture
- Commitment to delivering outstanding personalised care ensuring all women have safe positive experiences.
- Outstanding multidisciplinary teamwork
Barts Health NHS Trust Address
Royal London Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.