King's College Hospital NHS Foundation TrustCare Group: Child HealthSite: King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill) Senior Clinical Fellow (MT04 or MT05) in Paediatric Critical CareFull-time 42.25 hours per week12 Months Fixed-TermMain duties of the job
This post is suitable for a Junior Doctor with middle grade experience in Paediatric Critical Care, Anaesthesia, Critical Care or Paediatric Emergency Medicine, interested in advancing their paediatrics training and developing their administrative skills in a teaching hospital environment. Ideally, trainees will have completed their MRCPCH Part 2 and will have an up-to-date certification for Paediatric Life Support training.
Although these appointments are not accredited for training the appointees will be expected to participate fully in the educational and training programs within the department and the hospital. Appointees will have a named educational supervisor. Annual leave and study leave is commensurate with other post foundation doctors. The experience and opportunities offered would be excellent experience for applicants planning a career in paediatric critical care, paediatric anaesthesia or critical care medicine.About us
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's largest and busiest teaching Trusts with a turnover of c1 billion, 1.5 million patient contacts a year and more than 15,000 staff based across South East London. The Trust provides a full range of local and specialist services across its five sites. The trust-wide strategy of Strong Roots, Global Reachis our Vision to be BOLD, Brilliant people, Outstanding care, Leaders in Research, Innovation and Education, Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at the heart of everything we do. By being person-centred, digitally-enabled, and focused on sustainability, we aim to take Team King's to another level.
We are at a pivotal point in our history and we require individuals who are ready to join a highly professional team and make a real, lasting difference to our patients and our people.
King's is committed to delivering Sustainable Healthcare for All via our Green Plan. In line with national Greener NHS ambitions, we have set net zero carbon targets of 2040 for our NHS Carbon Footprint and 2045 for our NHS Carbon Footprint Plus. Everyone's contribution is required in order to meet the goals set out in our Green Plan and we encourage all staff to work responsibly, minimising their contributions to the Trust's carbon emissions, waste and pollution wherever possible. Job description Job responsibilitiesDescription of training:
1. To develop competence in: Multidisciplinary management of paediatric intensive and high dependency care. Management of the critically unwell child with liver disease, head injury, multitrauma, paediatric surgery, neurosurgery & general paediatric critical care problems.
2. To achieve skills in stabilisation of the critically sick or injured child, including safe intra-facility transfer.
3. Assessing potential critical care patients elsewhere in the hospital.
4. To manage telephone referrals, giving accurate advice, liaising with specialist teams as appropriate.
5. To attain knowledge & experience of different ventilation strategies (including high frequency oscillation), the use of inotropes & renal replacement therapies.
6. To attain experience in practical procedures including intubation, central line insertion.
7. To attain a high level of understanding for systems within NHS and improve their communication skills through participation in multidisciplinary meetings and daily interactions with members of multidisciplinary teams.
8. To jointly provide middle grade cover to the Critical Care Centre (Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) and Paediatric High Dependency Unit (PHDU) with nine other middle grade doctors (ten in total).
9. The clinical fellows will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the unit. There are two ward rounds per day: 08.30 for teaching and major management decisions and a business ward round at 16.00 16:30Person Specification Experience Essential Grade Essential
Auits/ reserch Essential
- Achieved grade /MB BS (or equivalent)
- oEvidence of participation and active involvement in an audit project
Employer details Employer name
- Day to day , multidisciplinary services, paediatrics experience
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Address
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.