Locum Consultant in Medical Oncology with interests in Breast and Ovarian Cancers
This job description is for a 10PA Locum Consultant medical oncologist post. The post is based at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (NNUH).
This post is fixed term up to a period of 12 months and is designed as a replacement created due to retirement of the previous post holder. Candidates should have a primary interest in breast and ovarian cancers, although other secondary interests may be accommodated. The post holder will be joining a team of three clinical oncologists and one medical oncologist in the Breast Team, and two clinical oncologists in the Gynae Team who also help deliver medical oncology therapies.
Main duties of the job
The appointee will join a young, dynamic team with considerable collective expertise and a desire to provide world class, evidence-based, patient-centred care to the local population and beyond. The predominant referrals include patients with breast, lung, urology and colorectal cancers as well as the less common gynaecological tumours, lymphomas, upper GI and Head & Neck cancers, brain tumours, skin cancers, neuro-endocrine cancers and sarcomas. Most patients are treated on standard protocols and many are entered into clinical trials. Neurosurgery, Hepatic surgery and specialist paediatric services are provided at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge.
The clinical team provides specialist oncology services to the Norfolk population of 900,000 people. A team-based approach in the department includes holding parallel new patient clinics, team-based complex case meetings and ward rounds as well as collaborating in service development.
Norwich is a great place to live. The city supports a wide variety of cultural activities. The North Norfolk coast is on the doorstep as is the Norfolk Broads National Park. The city also has some excellent schools and a thriving university. The city is only 2 hours from the center of London.
The Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (NNUH) is one of the busiest teaching trusts in England. We serve over 900,000 people across Norfolk, North Suffolk and surrounding areas for specialist services.
- The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital is located on the Norwich Research Park and serves the population of Norfolk and Norfolk Suffolk and further afield for specialist services. It opened in 2001 and is a 1,200 bed teaching hospital with state-of-the-art facilities. We provide a wide range of secondary and tertiary services, including Accident and Emergency. The Trust commemorated 250 years of a hospital in Norwich in 2021.
Please read the detailed job description attached, which includes main responsibilities for this post of Oncology Locum Consultant
- Full GMC Registration
- Full GMC Registration Entry on the GMC Specialist Register Via oCCT (Proposed CCT date must be within 6 months of the interview) oCESR or oEuropean Community Rights oAn appropriate higher qualification.
- Good communicator.
- Capable of working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Enthusiasm for service development and teaching.
- Previous responsibility for service improvement. Management skills
- Applicants who are Nationals from another European country or elsewhere overseas would have to show equivalence to the 5 years training period in the National Health Service required for the specialty. Training and expertise in children's safeguarding
- Experience in research or published papers in area of special interest
- Commitment to develop an appropriate special interest
- Flexible outlook on working hours.
- Must live within a 15-mile radius of the base Trust or 30 minutes travelling time.
- Full Driving License
Communications and Language Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with clinical colleagues, colleagues in pathology and support staff
- Good knowledge of, and ability to use, spoken and written English
- Ability to present effectively to an audience, using a variety of methods, and to respond to questions and queries
- Good presentation skills.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.