This role will be supported by a 12,000 relocation allowance.
The service provides Primary Care Services for those from 18 years old, and Secondary care service for adults age 25-70 years of age residing in the Bury and Blackbourne patch catchment area. The team receives referrals from the 8 General Practices that make up the 2 Primary Care Networks.
The post holder will provide clinical leadership to the community team and work collaboratively with all MDT members and other adult service staff. The role provides advice and guidance to colleagues in Primary Care, clinical assessment and reviews of patients in discussion with the team, especially patients thought to be at high risk, those presenting with complex problems or those with diagnostic uncertainty.Main duties of the job
The post holder will undertake clinical management of patients seen within the team at a level as is appropriate for a Consultant Psychiatrist in either Primary or Secondary Care. This would include diagnostic assessment where required, development of management plans and treatments regimes.
To provide medical expertise within the multidisciplinary team, in the assessment, diagnosis and management of referred patients take part in team meetings, supervision and the development of the team.
To supervise and train junior medical staff. This would be as Clinical Supervisor for any junior colleagues working directly with the post holder in the Pathway. The post holder will be expected to contribute to teaching and supervision of medical students on attachment to the team and to their psychiatry experience on attachment to the Trust more generally where appropriate.About us
Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust provides child and adult mental health services, learning disability, wellbeing and eating disorder services across Norfolk and Suffolk.
We are also offering:
Job description Job responsibilities
- Up to 12k relocation expenses
- Access to 800 per annum professional development budget
- Dedicated SPA time of up to 25% of working hours
- Paid study leave (on application and approval) in addition to CPD
- Potential of extra PA for DCC with requisite pay per PA
- Ability to apply for Clinical Excellence Awards
- Inclusion on the Consultant on-call rota for the higher level with 3%, 5% or 8% requisite pay depending on frequency
- NHS benefits package including contributory pension, redundancy. Including paid annual leave, sick leave and maternity leave.
- Appraisals and revalidation completed by the Trust
- To provide clinical leadership and psychiatric expertise for the Bury and Blackbourne Enhanced Recovery Team
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in the community team, the wards, crisis and liaison services for adults to provide a seamless pathway
Please see attached full Job Description for this rolePerson Specification Qualifications Essential
- Entry on the GMC Register
- Approved clinician status
- Section 12(2) Approved under the Mental Health Act (MHA)
- Specialist Register or within 6 months of CCST
- 3 years or equivalent medical experience
- 6 months experience in relevant clinical area
- Evidence of knowledge of diagnosis, treatment + management of complex mental illness
Clinical Governance Essential
- Effective team working
- Leadership qualities
- Driving Licence/able to travel independently
- A clear understanding of Clinical Governance
- Demonstrate a commitment to open review of practice
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Experience of supervising junior medical staff
- Teaching and presentation skills
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions. Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab). UK Registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).Employer details Employer name
Norfolk & Suffolk Foundation NHS Trust Address
Bury St Edmunds
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.