EPUT is looking to appoint a Specialty Doctor who will provide consistent, high quality Medical input support to the Old Adult Specialist Dementia Frailty service based at the Crystal Centre, Chelmsford. The team delivers Mental Health care of the working age Older Adult population of Chelmsford in Essex.
Main duties of the job
The post-holder will also be expected to work independently and accountably providing clinical leadership to the team, through good multi-professional working and liaising with a range of professional groups including nurses, occupational therapists, psychologists and doctors in delivering services providing a 7 day a week, 24 hours a day service for 365 days a year.
You should be eligible for full registration with the GMC at time of appointment and hold Section 12 (2) approval under the Mental Health Act 1983. You will also need to provide evidence of achievement of ST1/CT1 competences in psychiatry at time of application and likelihood of achieving CT2 competences in psychiatry by the start date of the post.
To be the leading health and wellbeing service in the provision of mental health and community care.
We care for people every day. What we do together, matters.
Our strategic objectives
We will deliver safe, high quality integrated care services.
We will enable each other to be the best that we can.
We will work together with our partners to make our services better.
We will help our communities to thrive.
If you share that vision and want to make a difference to the people that use our services, then please contact us to find out more.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Open, Compassionate and Empowering. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including
- Season Ticket Loan
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
1. Observe the Trusts agreed policies and procedures.
2. Provide, with consultant colleagues, a service in the specialty for the Trust with responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness, and the proper functioning of the department.
3. Honour out-of-hours responsibilities, including rota commitments where contracted.
4. Provide agreed cover for colleagues periods of leave.
5. Participate in audit and continuing medical education.
6. Contribute to the training of junior medical staff and medical students.
7. Be involved in research and teaching where appropriate.
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- Relevant specialty clinical knowledge: capacity to apply sound clinical knowledge relevant to the job and specialty
- Clinical judgement: experience in making clinical decisions and managing risk. Knows when to seek help, able to prioritise clinical need.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.