This role will be supported by a 12,000 relocation allowance.
NSFT CFYP service basically tore up the rule book and asked young people what they wanted. The result is a very interesting service which is truly patient-centred. Wendy Burn, RCPsych President
Our CAMHS Learning Disability Service are looking for a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist to provide clinical care to young people with learning disabilities in Suffolk with clinical lead responsibility across under 18 Learning Disability service.
We need someone who can lead by example by being part of the Clinical leadership team for the Learning Disability Services across Suffolk in order to deliver high quality care to patients and their families.Main duties of the job
The team provides a dedicated service for children and young people with learning disabilities, where there are concerns about their behaviour and / or mental health and consists of Nurses, Psychiatry and Psychology, a Behaviour Therapist and Support Workers. We work closely with multiple outside agencies such as school, colleges and social care. Constantly seeking to improve the service we offer there is scope for service-wide and professional development.
What we can offer is a unique opportunity to balance your life with your work and have a voice that is truly heard. We take a flexible approach to work, working from home is easy to arrange and we understand that other aspects of life can conflict with more traditional working hours.
Creative thinking is encouraged. The expectation we have is for all our Consultants to work autonomously and to think about how the service can continue to improve, we have a can-do culture.About us
Less than 2 hours from London (yet a world away in terms of house prices and cost of living) and serviced by excellent transport links, Suffolk retains a strong local identity and with that a strong sense of community. Set in some of the most beautiful countryside in the country in which a few minutes drive takes you to a wonderful coast line or deep within a beautiful forest.
Job description Job responsibilitiesFor further information on the vacancy available, please see attached the full Job Description and Person Specification. Come visit us, meet the team and see why our trainees come and stay and how we invest in our people.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Up to 12k relocation expenses
- Access to 800 per annum professional development budget
- Dedicated SPA time of up to 25% of working hours
- Paid study leave (on application and approval) in addition to CPD
- Potential of extra PA for DCC with requisite pay per PA
- Ability to apply for Clinical Excellence Awards
- Inclusion on the Consultant on-call rota for the higher level with 3%, 5% or 8% requisite pay depending on frequency
- NHS benefits package including contributory pension, redundancy. Including paid annual leave, sick leave and maternity leave.
- Appraisals and revalidation completed by the Trust
- Entry on the GMC Register
- Approved clinician status
- Section 12(2) Approved under the Mental Health Act (MHA)
- Specialist Register or within 6 months of CCST
- 3 years or equivalent medical experience
- 6 months experience in relevant clinical area
- Evidence of knowledge of diagnosis, treatment + management of complex mental illness
Clinical Governance Essential
- Effective team working
- Leadership qualities
- Driving Licence/able to travel independently
- A clear understanding of Clinical Governance
- Demonstrate a commitment to open review of practice
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Experience of supervising junior medical staff
- Teaching and presentation skills
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions. Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab). UK Registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).Employer details Employer name
Norfolk & Suffolk Foundation NHS Trust Address
Ipswich or Bury St Edmunds
East or West Suffolk
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.