We are looking for a dynamic Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist to join an experienced multi-disciplinary team in South Gloucestershire CAMHS.
Our CAMHS services in Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire are part of the Community Children's Health Partnership (CCHP) which includes all community-based children's healthcare services across the area. CCHP is provided by a partnership with Sirona Care & Health (lead partner), and Avon and Wiltshire Partnership NHS Trust (AWP).
You will join 19 experienced and supportive Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatry colleagues working across 5 community CAMHS teams and 2 Learning Disability CAMHS teams in Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire, an Intensive Support and Hospital Assessment Team and a Tier 4 inpatient unit and a variety of specialist CAMHS teams.
We are currently in the process of implementing the i-THRIVE model across AWP CAMHS, in order to transform services alongside young people, carers and our partner agencies. This provides a unique opportunity for you to develop and share your special interest and/or service leadership and management.
AWP has a forward thinking and inclusive medical community and we are committed to your development and helping you to achieve your career aspirations.
We offer one of the most competitive and flexible benefits packages.Main duties of the job
The diagnosis, management and treatment of children, adolescents and families with severe and complex mental health problems.
- The consultant will carry psychiatric responsibility only for those patients seen by psychiatrists within their respective CAMHS team.
- The consultant will not routinely care coordinate. All cases on the consultant's caseload should have another clinician from the team as care coordinator.
o The post-holder would be expected to offer new assessment appointments, follow-up, consultation and multi-agency liaison, as well as be available for unpredictable emergency work.About us
We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust) a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care. We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B& NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset. Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care. Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the accompanying job description for full details on the roles and responsibilities of this postPerson Specification Qualifications and Eligibility Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months of gaining CCT in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- Relevant Higher Degree e.g MD,PHD,Msc or other additional clinical qualifications
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Wide breadth of clinical experience working with children and young people with mental health problems and their families
- Knowledge and evidence of participation in CPD.
- Evidence of effective multidisciplinary team involvement.
Personal Skills Essential
- Specific additional therapy training (e.g. CBT, systemic therapy, DBT etc.)
Clinical Skills Essential
- To possess leadership skills and be able to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to manage own time, workload and prioritise clinical work
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, in order to effectively work with patients, carers and staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to appraise own performance as a Consultant
- Approachable and compassionate personality with good listening skills
- Skills in psychiatric assessment, formulation and risk management (including safeguarding) as well as psychopharmacology in children, neurodevelopmental disorders and attachment difficulties
- Understanding of the management skills required to function successfully as a Consultant
Research and Audit Essential
- Commitment to and experience of undergraduate and postgraduate learning and teaching.
- Understand principles of teaching.
- Experience or involvement in a research project and publication
- Ability to supervise junior medical staff undertaking research projects
- Experience of carrying out an audit project
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Evidence of management/leadership skills training.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions. Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab). UK Registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).Employer details Employer name
Avon & Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust Address
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.