These posts attract a 'New Starter' package of 15,000 spread over 3 years as a retention bonus and are also supported by a 12,000 relocation allowance.The roles also attract a loyalty Scheme Bonus of 2,500 over the subsequent 5 years of service. CPD is being paid at a higher level with the facility accumulate annual funding for up to three years to accommodate accessing higher cost development opportunities.
We seek Consultant Psychiatrist leaders to join our acute in-patient psychiatric care units in Norwich, covering central and south Norfolk. In advance of our new 50 million hospital being built on the Hellesdon site (opening in 2024) we are refreshing some of our senior medical roles and look forward to welcoming new colleagues to the team.
Existing estates are being refurbished and new acute and rehabilitation facilities planned. An overhaul of medical management under Chief Medical Officer Alex Lewis is seeing clinical leadership being pushed firmly to the fore and an appetite to both maintain and drive excellence is desired of successful applicants and the team.
The Hellesdon site is the home of Trust Headquarters, the Library and the Dispensary. Several co-located specialist female units ranging from a Mother & Baby Unit to a female LSU and MSU as well as a planned female PICU also populate the site and accept referrals from all acute wards.Main duties of the job
The advertised role will provide clinical care and leadership for the in-patient care units.
The post holder must be registered with the GMC. The post holder must also have an entry on the GMC Specialist Register (CCST) in Adult Psychiatry (or within three months of completion of CCST). Applications from those wishing to work flexibly or those wishing to develop academic or special interest sessions are welcomed.About us
Norfolk, a beautiful county situated in the East with excellent schools, well known beaches, forests and inland waterway natural beauty and all just a short hop to Amsterdam from Norwich Airport. We are a short drive from the University city of Cambridge and 90-minute train ride from Liverpool Street station in London.
Further benefits include generous SPA provision (7.5:2.5) to allow for allied pursuits including research, psychotherapy, medical education, or management). A flexible relocation package for external appointees. Medical Secretarial support, an office of your own, free parking and a creative staff benefits portfolio reinforce our commitment to your wellbeing and happiness as a valued colleague.
Why work with us?
Job description Job responsibilities
- Up to 12k relocation expenses
- Access to 800 per annum professional development budget
- Dedicated SPA time of up to 25% of working hours
- Paid study leave (on application and approval) in addition to CPD
- Potential of extra PA for DCC with requisite pay per PA
- Ability to apply for Clinical Excellence Awards
- Inclusion on the Consultant on-call rota for the higher level with 3%, 5% or 8% requisite pay depending on frequency
- NHS benefits package including contributory pension, redundancy. Including paid annual leave, sick leave and maternity leave.
- Appraisals and revalidation completed by the Trust
This post is to provide Consultant Psychiatry input to the acute in-patient psychiatric care units based at Hellesdon Hospital Norwich.
Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation NHS Trust looks forward to welcoming you. Please contact Clinical Director Dr Zeyn Green-Thompson for further details.
Full Job Description attached - Pending Royal College Approval.
Full and part time roles considered.Person Specification Attributes Essential
Clinical Governance Essential
- Effective team working
- Leadership qualities
- Driving Licence/able to travel independently
- A clear understanding of Clinical Governance
- Demonstrate a commitment to open review of practice
- Experience of supervising junior medical staff
- Teaching and presentation skills
- Entry on the GMC register
- Section 12(2) Approved under the Mental Health Act (MHA)
- Approved Clinician Status
- Specialist Register or within 6 months of CCST
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- 6 months experience in relevant clinical area
- 3 years or equivalent medical experience
- Evidence of knowledge of diagnosis, treatment + management of complex mental illness
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions. Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab). UK Registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).Employer details Employer name
Norfolk & Suffolk Foundation NHS Trust Address
Inpatient Wards, Hellesdon Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.