This role will be supported by a 12,000 relocation allowance.
Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust provides child and adult mental health services, learning disability, wellbeing and eating disorder services across Norfolk and Suffolk.
This is an exciting time to be a part of our later life specialty services. If you are passionate about working collaboratively with patients and their communities at times of mental health crisis then come and join our friendly staff group. You will be working alongside another later life consultant on Abbeygate ward as well as an adult consultant in our CRHT team. As the consultant bridging inpatient and crisis home treatment teams you will be providing excellent clinical leadership and contributing to the development of the wider pathway. You will be working with a supportive MDTs to deliver high quality care, in line with national standards, and making a valued contribution to the development and implementation of the pathway.Main duties of the job
You will be joining a highly supportive, experienced, and friendly team of psychiatrists specializing in later life. There are three substantive consultants in post a part time specialty doctors with another full-time specialty doctor being recruited to Abbeygate ward. There is also additional funding for a new part time post to be advertised shortly, covering our psychiatric Liaison serviceAbout us
If you are passionate about improving acute care and working with colleagues across Crisis and Community Pathways, then come to work with us as we have much to offer including:
We are also offering
Job description Job responsibilities
- Up to 12k relocation expenses
- Access to 800 per annum professional development budget
- Dedicated SPA time of up to 25% of working hours
- Paid study leave (on application and approval) in addition to CPD
- Potential of extra PA for DCC with requisite pay per PA
- Ability to apply for Clinical Excellence Awards
- Inclusion on the Consultant on-call rota for the higher level with 3%, 5% or 8% requisite pay depending on frequency
- NHS benefits package including contributory pension, redundancy. Including paid annual leave, sick leave and maternity leave.
- Appraisals and revalidation completed by the Trust
If you are interested please contact us and we are happy to arrange a discussion or visit to meet with you and share with you what we have to offer.
Please see attached full Job Description for this role
For further details / informal visits contact:
Sohail Abrar, Clinical Director (Interim) Sohail.Abrar@nsft.nhs.ukPerson Specification Qualifications Essential
- Entry on the GMC Register
- Approved Clinician Status
- Section 12(2) Approval under the Mental Health Act
- Specialist Register or within 6 months of CCST
- 3 years or equivalent medical experience
- 6 months experience in relevant clinical area
- Evidence of knowledge of diagnosis, treatment + management of complex mental illness
Clinical Governance Essential
- Effective team working
- Leadership qualities
- Driving Licence/able to travel independently
- A clear understanding of Clinical Governance
- Demonstrate a commitment to open review of practice
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Experience of supervising junior medical staff
- Teaching and presentation skills
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions. Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab). UK Registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).Employer details Employer name
Norfolk & Suffolk Foundation NHS Trust Address
Bury St Edmunds
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.