Location: Suffolk Primary Care (Stowmarket, Felixstowe, Eye, Ipswich, Brandon and Newmarket)
You will provide first point of contact care for patients presenting with undifferentiated, undiagnosed problems, taking a history, undertaking physical examinations, and using problem solving and clinical decision making skills to establish a working diagnosis and management plan in partnership with the patients (and their carers where applicable).
Candidates will be highly motivated with excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to develop and help deliver a high standard of clinical care under the supervision of a GP.
In return, we will support you to develop, working in an environment that nurtures and develops quality. We offer flexible roles dependent on the hours you are available for work and your level of experience.
Experience in General Practice would be an advantage but is not essential if you are clinically up-to-date and can show a firm understanding of the role within a Primary Care setting.
The interview date will be dependent on your location
Main duties of the job
As a PA you will be acting within your professional boundaries, providing care for patients from initial history taking, clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of their care under the supervision of a GP. You will demonstrate safe, clinical decision-making and expert care for patients within the general practice, and as appropriate, supervised by the Duty GP or a similar clinically senior colleague. You will work with the Multi-Disciplinary General Practice Team to support the delivery of policy and procedures and meet the needs of patients.
SPC is an innovative partnership of Suffolk GP surgeries.
Doctors and practice staff share resources and work together to ensure patients continue to receive high quality healthcare.
Suffolk Primary Care is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in employment. Applicants will ideally be fully vaccinated against Covid.
Benefits of working for SPC include:
NHS Pension Scheme
The NHS Pension Scheme is a defined benefits scheme
Family benefits including an adult dependents pension and childrens pension
Ill health benefits
20% employer contribution
Electric Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme
No credit check
Fully comprehensive insurance
Servicing and tyres
Up to �2,000 contribution from SPC subject to conditions
Proper Pay & Cost of Living Benefits
Living Wage Foundation Accredited
GP Remote Working
Eye Care Vouchers Health Service Discounts
Annual Leave - Minimum 33 days including bank holidays FTE with enhancements for long service
Enhanced Maternity & Paternity terms
High street discounts through our own online portal
Technology and Homewares Salary Sacrifice schemes with Currys and John Lewis
Cycle to Work Salary Sacrifice Scheme
Gym Salary Sacrifice Scheme
Scope and Purpose of the Role
To deliver a high standard of patient care using advanced autonomous clinical skills with in-depth theoretical knowledge and evidence based practice working under the supervision of a GP.
To manage a clinical caseload and deal with presenting patients needs in a Primary Care setting.
To provide clinical leadership where appropriate within the practice and support other members of the team to develop and maintain clinical skills appropriate to your role and expertise.
Primary Duties & Areas of Responsibility
The post holder will under appropriate supervision:
- Provide first point of contact for patients presenting with undifferentiated, undiagnosed problems, utilising history taking, physical examination, problem-solving and clinical decision-making skills to establish a working diagnosis and management plan working in partnership with patients.
- Undertake as agreed consultations for emergency or routine problems including management of long term conditions. In addition, undertake telephone consultations/home visits and participate in duty rotas.
- Instigate necessary invasive and non-invasive diagnostic tests or investigations and interpret findings/reports within the scope of a PAs practice. Discuss the result and implications of laboratory investigations with patients.
- Utilise clinical guidelines and promote evidence-based practice.
- Offer a Holistic Service to patients and their families, developing where appropriate an on-going plan of care-support with an emphasis on prevention and self-care.
- Refer patients directly to other services or agencies using appropriate referral pathways.
- Ensure safe handover of care within and outside the Practice as appropriate.
- Work directly with members of the Practice Primary Health Care Team and support integrated patient centred care through appropriate working with wider Primary Care/Social Care networks.
- Identify Community Health needs and participate in the development of patient/family-centred strategies to address them.
- Contribute to the Practice quality targets to consistently achieve high standards of safe, evidence-based, cost-effective patient care and service delivery.
- Postgraduate Diploma/Master in Physician Associate from an accredited UK University.
- Bachelor Degree in Life Science/Biomedical/ Nursing or Allied Health Science.
- Member of Faculty of Physician Associate Managed Voluntary Register (PAMVR).
- Valid national certification and recertification every six years stipulated by PAMVR.
- Demonstrable patient assessment skills
- Experience of supporting doctors in clinical decision making.
- Experience of General Practice and/or Secondary Care.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Suffolk Primary Care
Combs Ford Surgery
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.