eQuality PCNhas a fantastic opportunityfor a physician associate (PA) to join our team on afull-time basis (other work patterns will be considered for the right candidate).
Main duties of the job
The role will offer the post-holder the opportunity to build on their experience of working effectively within a multidisciplinary healthcare team, as well as developing positive new working relationships across organisational and professional boundaries.
eQuality PCN was formed in 2022 and is a Primary Care Network (PCN) serving a population of circa 36000 patients residing across Luton in Bedfordshire. The PCN strategy aligns with the needs of our population and the Neighbourhood Team model. As we seek to develop the services that are needed by our patient population, we are seeking to build a skilled and professional workforce.
The PCN consists of 4 practices based in Luton which support a diverse population and who work well together
- Biscot Group Practice
- Larkside Practice
- Ashcroft Practice
- Stopsley Village Practice
Our vision is:To deliver services which address Health Inequalities and provide resilient care provision for patients improve the health and wellbeing of our population and improve job satisfaction for our staff.
We are enthusiastic about education and training and eQuality PCN has been awarded specific funding to support a Training Team function. This will bring a fresh approach to Learning & Development for its staff and an excellent opportunity to introduce an effective learning environment and ethos. We can also draw on the experience within the PCN from well-regarded centres of excellence for GP education.
For further information please contactSimon Petty PCN Network Manager:Simon.firstname.lastname@example.org
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing direct clinical care for patients, including clinical assessments, diagnoses and treatment, under the supervision of a GP
- Interviewing patients, taking medical histories, performing physical examinations, analysing, diagnosing and explaining medical problems
- Working with the wider practice clinical team, to deliver services to meet the needs of the patients, which may include home visits
- Consulting and referring patients to physicians, medical specialists and other health professionals, as indicated
- Recommending and explaining appropriate diagnostic tests and treatments
- Requesting and interpreting results of laboratory investigations
- Performing specialised diagnostic physical exams and treatment procedures
- Instructing and educating patients in preventative healthcare
- Conducting telephone consultations, which may involve discussing the result, and implications, of laboratory investigations with patients
- Dealing appropriately with routine and emergency complaints
- Fully documenting all aspects of patient care and completing all required paperwork for legal and administrative purposes.
Knowledge and Skills
- All applicants should have the following qualifications and registrations, either in place or pending:
- A postgraduate degree in Physician Associate Studies from an accredited PA programme
- Membership of the Faculty of Physician Associates at the RCP, which includes UK Physician Associate Registration (the PA Managed Voluntary Register)
- Current and valid certification or re-certification by the UK Physician Associate National Examination.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following experience, skills and qualities:
- Experience including preventative medicine and chronic disease management
- Flexible and adaptable approach to a varied and high-volume workload, with the ability to multi-task and to work under pressure
- Consistently compassionate and respectful approach, placing a high value on the dignity of patients, relatives, carers and colleagues
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, patients, relatives, nurses, other staff and agencies
- Commitment to continuing professional development.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Primary Care Careers
The Blenheim Crescent Medical Centre
9 Blenheim Crescent
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.