The North East London NHS Foundation Trust is seeking enthusiastic compassionate Physician Associates to support our excellent multidisciplinary mental health teams in providing high quality care for our services users.
The Physician Associates will play key roles in the management of service users and the effective functioning of our teams. They will also be involved in wider service development with the help of our Quality Improvement team.
The post holder will be accountable for ensuring that high quality patient care is delivered at all times alongside our multi-disciplinary teams. Oversight and regular supervision will provided by a designated Consultant Psychiatrist through regular weekly meetings to support on-going personal and continuing professional development (CPD) within the role. The Physician Associate will have protected time to attend regular academic sessions, relevant training CPD sessions and other specific interests.
Main duties of the job
Physician Associate roles are likely to include, but not be limited to the following:
- Practice under the supervision of a Consultant Psychiatrist
- Conduct initial psychiatric assessments, take patient histories and perform physical examinations
- Establish differential diagnosis, making appropriate treatment plans under supervision of the Consultant Psychiatrist
- Participate in multidisciplinary team meetings, handovers and other relevant clinical meetings
- Treat patient and their family members using a high degree of empathy and advanced communication skills
- Respond in a timely way to requests to assess or review patient's physical and / or mental health
- Record clinical notes about patient contacts and provide advice to staff on further management / investigations / interventions
- Review and summarise patient notes for the purposes of contributing to discharge summaries and reports.
- Undertake assessment and assistance to ward staff in the event of medical emergencies
- Support health promotion activities including those relating to smoking, drugs and alcohol
- Provide psycho-educational support to patients and carers / families
We operate a temporary staffing service and can offer competitive hourly rates, flexibility of shifts and hours, access to the NHS pension scheme, variety of work and access to training opportunities.Please ensure you meet the person specifications and have the relevant qualifications required for the role.
Please find attached job description with full job details & requirements.
For more information about working on the Temporary Staffing Bank please contact the Temporary Staffing Team on 0300 300 1530 option 1, option 1
- PG Diploma/ MSc in Physician Associate Studies or equivalent. BA/BS Degree in relevant subject .Membership of UKAPA
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
NELFT North East London Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.