We have an exciting opportunity for aphysician associateto join our busy andinnovativepractice at the Pall Mall Surgery in Leigh-on-Sea.
Main duties of the job
We are a dynamic and supportive partnership, proud of our clinical care and patient services, at the heart of our local community.
The Pall Mall Surgery is a large, modern GMS training practice operating from a contemporary health centre in Leigh On Sea which in 2022 was voted the best place to live in Essex. The town has excellent transport links, with two separate train lines into London. The practice is popular in its locality and supports 21,500 patients from birth to end-of-life care. We are proud to hold our CQC rating of Good in all areas. We are looking for an outstanding individual to join our wonderful team, to share knowledge and experience.
The practice shares a wealth of experience from GPs, physician associates, nurse practitioners, frailty team, ECPs, nurses, associate practitioners, HCAs and our phlebotomists. We also have a large, knowledgeable administration team, who work closely with our clinical team providing excellent patient care, along with adedicated and supportive work environment. We are inclusive of ideas, which makes working here enjoyable and fulfilling.
We operate a total triage system at the surgery, which enables us to make quick decisions about patient care and outcomes, ensuring the most appropriate appointment is given to each patient based on symptoms. We offer face-to-face (15-minute) appointments and telephone consultations (10 minutes).
If you are interested in joining us, please feel free to contact our Practice Manager, Jane Coldicottjane.email@example.com
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Providing direct clinical care for patients including clinical assessments, diagnosis and treatment under the supervision of a GP
- Interviewing patients, taking medical histories, performing physical examinations, analysing, diagnosing and explain medical problems
- Working with the wider practice clinical team to deliver services to meet the needs of the patients, which may include home visits
- Consultingand referring patients to physicians, medical specialists and other health professionals asindicated
- Recommendingand explaining appropriate diagnostic tests and treatments
- Requesting and interpreting results of laboratory investigations when necessary
- Performing specialised diagnostic physical exams and treatment procedures
- Instructingand educating patients in preventative healthcare
- Conducting telephone consultations, which may involve discussing the result and implications of laboratory investigationswith patientsas well as dealing appropriately with routine andemergency complaints
- Fully documenting all aspects of patient care and completing all required paperwork for legal and administrative purposes.
The role will offer you the opportunity to build on your experience of working effectively within a multidisciplinary healthcare team as well as developing positive new working relationships across organisational and professional boundaries.
Knowledge and Skills
- We are looking for a dynamic and committed individual who works well in a team with:
- A postgraduate degree in Physician Associate Studies from an accredited PA Programme
- Membership of the Faculty of Physician Associates at the RCP, which includes UK Physician Associate Registration (the PA Managed Voluntary Register)
- Current and valid certification or re-certification by the UK Physician Associate National Examination
- Experience of working in a medicine environment, including preventative medicine and chronic disease management
- Flexible and adaptable approach to a varied and high volume workload with the ability to multi-task and to work under pressure
- Consistently compassionate and respectful approach placing a high value on the dignity of patients, relatives, carers and colleagues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, patients, relatives, nurses, other staff and agencies
- Commitment to continuing professional development.
- About Us
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Primary Care Careers
Leigh Primary Care Centre
918 London Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.