Titan Primary Care Network is looking for a physician associate,with an enthusiasm for cardiovascular disease and preventative medicine,to take lead on primary prevention of cardiovascular disease, under the supervision of anappointed GP supervisor from within theprimary care network (PCN).The role will be based acrossthe individual surgeries within the PCN, and will involve working collaboratively with the healthcare team to meet the needs of patients and supporting the delivery of primary health care.Whilst we have an acute visiting ECP service, the post-holder may be expected to carry out some home visits.We are looking for someone innovative, who would be interested in trying to implement a holistic system for managing these patients, helping to deliver better care, long term, for our community. The post-holder will look at how we can actively support patients in making lifestyle changes, in addition to optimising pharmacological support where needed.
Main duties of the job
- Delivering a high standard of patient care using advanced autonomous clinical skills with in-depth theoretical knowledge and evidence based practice working under the supervision of a GP
- Managing a clinical caseload and deal with presenting patients needs in a primary care setting
- Providing clinical leadership, where appropriate, and support other members of the team to develop and maintain clinical skills appropriate to your role and expertise
- Offering a holistic service to patients and their families, developing where appropriate an on-going plan of care/support with an emphasis on prevention and self-care
- Referring patients directly to other services or agencies using appropriate referral pathways
- Ensuring the safe handover of care within and outside the practice as appropriate
- Undertaking surgery-based consultations for scheduled consultations and telephone consultations as agreed with the post holder in accordance with their clinical skills
- Utilising clinical guidelines and promoting evidence-based practice.
- Working directly with other members of the practice primary health care team and supporting integrated patient-centred care through appropriate working with wider primary care and social care networks
- Contributing to the practice quality targets to consistently achieve high standards of safe, evidence-based, cost-effective patient care and service delivery.
Titan Primary Care Network consists of 3 friendly practices (Toddington Medical Centre, Houghton Regis Medical Centre and Wheatfield Surgery) who work together to provide excellent patient care to a population of over 30,000 patients. As a network we are striving to be at the forefront of PCN development and are involved in several exciting pilot projects.At Titan PCN we encourage personal development and support/mentor our staff to further their knowledge and skills.
Over time it is envisaged that the role will develop into managing patients for acute medical problems, including taking histories and clinical examinations within the competence and skillset of the practitioner (to be agreed). This would include instigating necessary diagnostic tests and interpret findings/reports within the scope of a PAs practice. This may include discussing the result and implications of laboratory investigations with patients.
Please see the attached job description for further information about the role.
All candidates shoule have the following skills and qualifications:
- A Postgraduate Degree in Physician Associate Studies from an accredited PA Programme - qualified and newly qualified considered
- Bachelor Degree in Life Science/Biomedical/Nursing or Allied Health
- Membership of the Faculty of Physician Associates at the RCP, which includes UK Physician Associate Registration (the PA Managed Voluntary Register)
- Current and valid certification or re-certification by the UK Physician Associate National Examination
- Experience of working in a medicine environment, including preventative medicine and chronic disease management
- Flexible and adaptable approach to a varied and high volume workload with the ability to multi-task and to work under pressure
- Consistently compassionate and respectful approach placing a high value on the dignity of patients, relatives, carers and colleagues
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, patients, relatives, nurses, other staff and agencies
- Commitment to continuing professional development.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Primary Care Careers
60 Wheatfield Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.