We are looking for an enthusiastic Physician Associate to be a part of the Primary Care Networks practice teams and support the delivery of PCN ambitions to the highest quality. You will, as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, provide holistic care for patients, making clinical diagnosis and decisions, within the scope of practice, based on clinical examination skills and evidence-based practice and practice protocols.
Main duties of the job
To undertake patient consultations, assessments, clinical examinations, order appropriate investigations and interpret investigation findings.
Form a list of differential diagnoses, recommend management/treatment for discussion with and sign off by a clinical supervisor.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team, support the delivery of care in a range of settings.
Under clinical supervision, take responsibility for a dedicated patient caseload, where required.
Maintain timely and appropriate documentation.
Within your scope of practice and working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, perform delegated diagnostic/therapeutic procedures.
Contribute to the development of efficient pathways of care.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, support and contribute to timely discharge planning where appropriate.
We are a large, progressive, five site training practice based in Slough looking after nearly 38,000 patients. The practice and PCN (SPINE) is committed to innovation in providing high quality health care for our patients and a protected working and learning environment for our staff. Our Primary Health Care Team continues to grow with GPs working alongside Practice Nurses, Health Care Assistants, Physician Associates, Clinical Pharmacists, Paramedics, MSK Practitioners, Care Co-ordinators, Social Prescribers. This strong clinical team combined with our dedicated Patient Services Team provide an evolving healthcare and medical service to meet the varying needs of our patients and, in turn, provide what we believe is a sustainable model of modern General Practice.
Our vision is simple Putting Patients First, which we strive to achieve through teamwork, communication, problem sharing and solving, training, education and continued development.
Slough Providers Innovation Network Enterprise (SPINE) is one of the 8 PCNs in East Berkshire CCG, SPINE is the second biggest network in Slough locality with the population size of 42,480 registered patients.
SPINE member Practices are as follow:
- Farnham Road Practice
- The Avenue Medical Centre
- Wexham Road Surgery
- Weekes Drive Surgery
- Kumar Medical Centre
Dr Nithya Nanda is the Clinical Director.
- To undertake patient consultations, assessments, clinical examinations, order appropriate investigations and interpret investigation findings.
- Form a list of differential diagnoses, recommend management/treatment (for discussion with and sign off by a clinical supervisor as necessary).
- Dealing with queries, paperwork and correspondence as required in a timely fashion including but not limited to: Safeguarding reports, Dealing with EMIS queries/tasks, Patient test/blood results, Patient medical reports and examinations (e.g. for insurance companies).
- As part of a multi-disciplinary team, support the delivery of care in a range of settings.
- Under clinical supervision, take responsibility for a dedicated patient caseload, where required.
- Maintain timely and appropriate documentation.
- Within your scope of practice and working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, perform delegated diagnostic/therapeutic procedures.
- Contribute to the development of efficient pathways of care.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, support and contribute to timely discharge planning where appropriate.
- Analysis of reports to support patient care.
- Ensure the provision of a high standard of care at all times.
- Liaise closely and work collaboratively within the clinical/multi-disciplinary team to ensure good working relationships are in place which maximises benefits to patient care.
- Build effective networks with other teams and organisations, working in collaboration to support efficient patient care.
- To be accountable for the care given and to comply with the Fitness to Practice and Code of Conduct standard as established by the Physicians Associate Managed Voluntary Registration Commission (PAMVRC) and subsequently the appropriate statutory regulating body when this is in place.
- Experienced Physician Associates will have opportunity to take part in home visits for appropriate patients.
- Awareness of and compliance with all relevant practice policies and guidelines.
- Reporting on Significant Events.
- Contributing to evaluation/audit and clinical standard setting within the organisation.
- Contributing to the development of computer-based patient records on EMIS Web.
- Contributing to the summarising of patient records and SNOMED-coding patient data.
- Participate in regular staff training sessions to ensure development of skills and knowledge to assess own learning needs and undertake learning as appropriate.
- Participate in clinical, multi-disciplinary and whole team meetings.
- Observe and comply with all appropriate statutory requirements in relation to Child and Adult Safeguarding and to be familiar with the reporting process should his be required.
- Contribute to policy development and implementation of procedures and guidelines in relation to their own area of work.
- Work in partnership with colleagues and patients to promote and support the role of Physician Associate as part of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Attending any Protected Learning Time sessions provided by either the CCG for the Practice or by the Practice itself.
- Attending training where appropriate.
- Ensuring Mandatory training is kept up to date.
- Strive to maintain quality within the organisation.
- Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk.
- Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the teams performance.
- Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patients needs.
- Effectively manage own time, workload and resources.
- Be an ambassador for FRMG, displaying commitment and loyalty to the Group at all times and treating internal practice discussions as confidential.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Physician Associate Studies from
- a recognised University.
- Pass the UK Physician Associate National Exam.
- Registered on the Faculty of Physician Associates (FPA) Managed
- Voluntary Register (FPMVR).
- Excellent clinical knowledge.
- Understanding of GP clinical IT system.
- Excellent clinical knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent consultation skills.
- Ability to work alone and under pressure.
- Highly motivated.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent time-keeping.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Farnham Road Practice
301 Farnham Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.