Bury PCN is looking for a Physician Associate to join other team members working full time.
The successful candidate will become an integral part of our multidisciplinary team, with mentorship provided by the GP team and will work to demonstrate improvement in patient outcomes and in the efficiency of the practice, delivering the highest standard of service.
The hours are 37.5 per week to include 1 evening a week extended access session and 1 Saturday per month extended access session on a rota basis.
Main duties of the job
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development
Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work
Participate in mandatory and internalexternal training as requested
Be aware of government guidelines in relation to confidentiality, clinical information etc.
Adhere to and follow all policies and protocols as listed in the Staff Handbook and contract
Follow all RHA Health and Safety guidelines and policies and inform the H& S lead of any infringements.
Rochdale Health Alliance was established in 2016 by GP practices from across the Rochdale Borough to streamline the way in which services are delivered. Each of the 3 areas of the borough elected GPs to represent their locality and become directors on the board. The board is supported by a management team who ensure the day to day functioning of the organisation.
GP practices across the Rochdale borough, who have historically worked independently, have came together to work in a federated model to improve healthcare across the Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale (HMR) neighbourhoods.
Retaining their own identity and autonomy, general practitioner (GP) practices will work together and support community and hospital services, including the public and voluntary sector, to ensure healthcare is coordinated for the residents of the Rochdale borough.
Each of the four localities of HMR, which include Rochdale, Heywood, Middleton and the Pennines elected GPs to represent their locality and become directors on the Board.
Bury Primary Care Network has recently joined RHA.
In a time of change for health and social care and in order to meet the needs of the public, health, social and voluntary sector providers are coming together to provide more efficient, cost effective healthcare system and to encourage and engage the public in managing their own care wherever possible. In HMR this is via the Local Care Organisation. RHA represents primary care on the board of the LCO.
Main Purpose of The Role:
Participate in all treatment and preventative healthcare services in the practice as delegated and agreed by the supervising physician(s).
Provide direct clinical care to patients using established clinical guidelines, professional and practice policies.
Perform a holistic assessment to inform an appropriate management plan.
Examine, assess, diagnose and treat patients with a range of acute, non-acute, chronic and long term medical and mental health conditions in the surgery or their own place of residence (if requiring acute medical attention) in a timely manner.
Refer patients to other healthcare practitioners within the practice multi-disciplinary team or wider services/medical specialities as appropriate and in consultation with supervising clinician.
Perform routine diagnostic and therapeutic procedures *(excluding ionising radiation)
Request, interpret and communicate diagnostic and test results to patients and the multi-disciplinary team, and initiate the appropriate follow up actions as required.
Undertake patient counselling and health promotion to facilitate preventative care and self-management.
Monitor and follow up changes in patients condition and response to treatment.
- Change-management skills and ability to support patients to change lifestyle
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate difficult messages to patients and families
- Negotiation and conflict management skills
- IT skills
- Knowledge of health promotion strategies
- Aware of accountability of own role and other roles in a nurse-led service
- Awareness of clinical governance issues in primary care
- Knowledge of patient group directions and associated policy
- Experience of working in a GP surgery
- Ability to identify determinants on health in the local area
- Knowledge of public health issues in the local area
- Awareness of local and national health policy
- Awareness of issues within the wider health economy
- Degree at 2:2 level or above
- PG Dip in Physician Associate Studies from a UK PA programme
- Current and valid certification or re-certification by the UK Physician Associate National Examination
- Member of the Faculty of Physician Associates at the RCP, which includes registration on the UK Physician Associate Register (the PA Managed Voluntary Register)
- MSc degree in Physicians Associate Studies, Physician Assistant Studies or Medical Sciences
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Rochdale Health Alliance
The Old Post Office
No 2 The Esplanade
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.