An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full-time (10PA) Medical Oncologist with a responsibility in Lung and Renal cancer for Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust.
Main duties of the job
10 PA Consultant in Medical Oncology with a responsibility in Lung Cancer and Renal Cancer for Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust.
- Opportunity to join the teams of current clinical and medical oncologists treating these cancers.
- The post will be based at Nottingham University Hospital, City Hospital Campus, with outpatient clinics at the City Hospital and at Kings Mill Hospital.
- More information including an indicative timetable for the post is featured below.
- None of these tumours sites will be single-handed practice but will involve working along-side colleagues already specialist in each tumour site.
Nottingham has an international reputation in the management of early stage and advanced lung cancers. The successful candidate will join a team of five Consultant Oncologists working in the lung cancer service and two in the renal cancer service. There is a very active phase I, II and III clinical trial portfolio. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to involved with clinical research. The oncology department makes a major contribution to the Trust's research strength and has a very active clinical trials portfolio. We have strong links with departments within the University of Nottingham Medical School.
The speciality serves a resident population of 1.1 million and currently sees approximately 5,000 new patients each year (at City Hospital and Kingsmill); providing a comprehensive range of non-surgical oncology services to the East Midlands.
Oncology has invested in a high calibre acute oncology nursing team supporting the acute care of cancer patients admitted to city hospital campus as well as providing outreach support at Queen's medical centre.
Please see detailed Job Description and Person Specification attached that details the role in more depth.
Training and Qualification
- Full GMC registration and Licence to Practice MRCP or equivalent FRCR
- oExperience and special interest in Lung cancer and Renal Cancer oExperience of service development. oExperience in prescribing and managing patients with systemic anti-cancer therapy
- oExperience of working with a complex multi-disciplinary team
- oExcellent communication skills both oral and written oExcellent team leadership skills oAbility to convey highly complex, sensitive information to patients, carers and staff utilizing advanced interpersonal skills in both written and verbal formats. oEvidence of audit and the subsequent ability to reflect on own practice oAble to develop, present and operationalise coherent ideas for service development and delivery