Consultant in Palliative Medicine with Education
- Phyllis Tuckwell
- Farnham, Surrey
- £88,364 - £119,133 per annum WTE
- Closing date
- 19 Jun 2023
- Hospital, Special appointments, Palliative medicine
- Career Level
- Contract Type
- Full Time, Part Time
Phyllis Tuckwell provides supportive and end of life care for people living with an advanced or other terminal illness. Phyllis Tuckwell is based in Farnham and Guildford and serves a population of 550,000 across West Surrey and North East Hampshire.
Full time substantive Consultant in Palliative Medicine with Education
24 - 40 hours per week (0.6-1 WTE)
Salary £88,364 - £119,133 per annum WTE (pro rated per annum)
Phyllis Tuckwell is recruiting for a substantive Consultant in Palliative Medicine with education.
The vacancy has come about through the resignation of an established consultant in the team. The post has Royal College of Physicians approval.
The clinical care will be delivered in the Community or on the In-Patient Unit. The post will also include supporting professional activity time dedicated to the development and delivery of educational activities to the organisation’s multidisciplinary team and external colleagues.
The role requires excellent communication, project management, organisation and computer skills. The successful applicant will receive a comprehensive induction and training programme.
Part time and job share applicants would be considered.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a busy team
- Have good computer skills and be willing to learn
- Have excellent organisational skills with an attention to detail
In return we offer:
- 6 weeks paid holiday prorated plus public holidays
- Continuation of NHS Pension or Phyllis Tuckwell Group Personal Pension Plan (matched contributions up to 7.5%)
- Health Cash Plan Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff Benefit Scheme
- Comprehensive education and training
- Clinical Supervision
- A motivated and compassionate team whose passion is to make a difference
- Multidisciplinary working within a forward thinking and supportive organisation
For a discussion about the role or to arrange an informal visit, please contact Dr Cate Seton-Jones Medical Director at Phyllis Tuckwell: telephone 01252 729400; email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unable to apply online, application packs are available from HR on 01252 729408 or email: email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of completed applications: Thursday 13th July 2023
Interviews will be held on: Monday 24th July 2023
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive culture and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Phyllis Tuckwell, Waverley Lane, Farnham, Surrey GU9 8BL
NO MEDIA OR AGENCIES
Supporting Documents for Consultant in Palliative Medicine with Education
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert