An exciting opportunity to join our Dietetic Led Weight Management team, providing high quality, specialist multidisciplinary Tier 3 weight management programme in Cheshire. The supportive and highly motivated team comprises of Dietitians, Psychologist, PWPS and Consultant Endocrinologist.
You will be an integral part of the team delivering the structured weight loss programme. You will support individuals considering bariatric surgery or weight loss injections to make dietary and lifestyle change leading to an improved relationship with food. The programme is a hybrid approach which includes both individual face to face consultations and remote group education sessions delivered by MS Teams.
You will contribute to service development & improvement initiatives, treatment pathways and participate in CPD, supported by the multidisciplinary team and lead dietitian.
The weight management team are excited to expand our team. The personal qualities we value are a passion for weight management, strong people management and organisation skills, initiative, and motivated to work both as part of team and independently.
Previous experience in weight management would be preferrable but is not essential for this position.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will provide specialist tailored dietetic support for individuals living with complex obesity who often have complex psychology and medical backgrounds. As well as provide education and support for individuals who meet the Saxenda prescribing criteria.
- You will be an integral part of the dietetic led weight management programme, following the existing structured pathway of care.
- Provide expert assessment and management both independently and as part of the MDT team. Including attending regular MDT meetings, triaging patients and independently manage your case load to support the weight management referrals
- Contribute to service and pathway development as required and partake in regular CPD and Clinical Supervision.
- Typical duties would include triage referrals, initial patient telephone assessments, face to face consultations and group education sessions on weight loss injectables and patient information opt in sessions. Working collaboratively with the wider MDT and liaising with other health care professionals as required, in addition to overseeing the appropriate prescribing of weight loss medications.
Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (MCHFT) provides good quality, safe and effective healthcare to the people of Cheshire and beyond. The Trust, which manages Leighton Hospital in Crewe, Victoria Infirmary in Northwich, and Elmhurst Intermediate Care Centre in Winsford, was established as an NHS Trust in April 1991 and became a Foundation Trust in April 2008.
We employ almost 5,000 members of staff, provide around 540 hospital beds, with a range of services including accident and emergency, maternity, outpatients, therapies, and children's health.
The Trust is also part of Central Cheshire Integrated Care Partnership (CCICP), a unique local health partnership that provides a range of community services for people across South Cheshire and Vale Royal.
- To work autonomously to manage a defined patient caseload whilst working as part of a multidisciplinary team, referring to a senior clinician as and when required.
- To maintain professional practice within the context of the Health & Care Professions Council. This includes standards of proficiency, conduct and performance, ethics and continuing professional development.
- To manage a defined case load, demonstrating appropriate time management and organisation skills.
Person Specification - Essential
- To deliver and evaluate formal and informal training
- HCPC registration
- Knowledge of a range of assessment tools & interventions
- Awareness of recent NHS legislation, recommendations.
- Awareness of national and local priorities and changing trends
- HCPC registered as Dietitian
- GOAL training
- Competencies in Motivational interviewing technique
- Clinical experience in general dietetic intervention
- one years NHS clinical practice
- Clinical experience in SWMS
- Clinical experience in community
- clinical experience of running virtual groups and one to one consultations
- clinical skills in weight management
- clinical skills in behavioural change management