Located in Ipswich, just a short walk from the main town centre, we are seeking a professional, dedicated and highly effective salaried GP to join our friendly team. Ivry Street Medical Practice is a teaching practice with two trainers and a CQC rating of good.
We are a 4 partner practice with almost 13,000 patients, operating from premises that were formerly Ipswich Hospital radiology department, which lends itself perfectly to the workflows of a (busy) town centre practice. Alongside our partners we also have a further 4 salaried GPs, Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Paramedic, 5 practice nurses and 2 HCAs. We also have regular mental health team support, with a presence on site almost daily, a pharmacy team and a weekly physiotherapy service – dedicated to back and neck support for our patients.
All clinicians are welcome to attend our weekly business / education meetings.
For any expressions of interest please contact Dr Gerard Travers, Senior Partner, in the first instance email@example.com
Informal visits are welcome and encouraged.
Reports to: The Partners (Clinically)
The Practice Manager (Administratively)
Sessions: Negotiable with a minimum of 4 per week
Salary: Competitive salary offered
Annual Leave: 30 days’ each year (pro-rated) plus public holidays. Public holidays calculated on a pro-rated basis dependent on number of sessions / hours worked
To work as an autonomous practitioner, responsible for the provision of medical services to the practice population, delivering an excellent standard of clinical care whilst complying with our core contract.
Furthermore, the post holder will adhere to the GMC standards for good medical practice, contributing to the effective management of the practice, leading by example, maintaining a positive, collaborative working relationship with our team.
Primary key responsibilities
The following are the core responsibilities of the Salaried GP. There may be, on occasion, a requirement to carry out other tasks; this will be dependent upon factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- The delivery of highly effective medical care to the entitled population
- The provision of services commensurate with our core contract
- Generic prescribing adhering to local and national guidance
- Effective management of long-term conditions
- Processing of administration in a timely manner, including referrals, repeat prescription requests and other associated administrative tasks
- On a rotational basis, undertake the duty doctor role
- Maintain accurate clinical records in conjunction with good practice, policy and guidance
- Work collaboratively, accepting an equal share of the practice workload
- Adhere to best practice recommended through clinical guidelines and the audit process
- Contribute to the successful implementation of continuous improvement and quality initiatives within the practice
- Attend and contribute effectively to practice meetings as required
- Ensure compliance with the appraisal process
- Prepare and complete the revalidation process
- Commit to self-learning and instil an ethos of continuing professional development across the practice team
- Support the partners in achieving the strategic aims of the practice, making recommendations to enhance income and reduce expenditure
- Review and always adhere to practice protocols and policies
For further information and to apply please click the Apply button.