Full time -10 PA's, Permanent
Substantive posts have arisen for Consultant Radiologists within Clinical Radiology based at Darent Valley Hospital (DVH) and Queen Mary's Hospital (QMH), Dartford & Gravesham NHS Trust, to support Radiology services. The subspecialty interests relevant for these posts include:
● Chest and Cardiovascular Imaging
● Paediatric Imaging
● Onco-Radiology & Body MRI Imaging
● MSK Radiology
● Head and Neck Radiology
● Interventional Radiology
Clinical Radiology Services at Darent Valley Hospital and Queen Mary's Hospital, Sidcup, are unified under a single Directorate. The successful candidate will be an employee of the Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust.
Main duties of the job
Successful candidates will assist in the smooth running and provision of an effective and efficient service. He/she will be expected to take part in the management of the service and attend meetings of the Directorate and other committees that he/she may be appointed to. The post holder may be expected to attend meetings convened by management, which directly affect the work of his/her department. Opportunities to develop or maintain sub-specialist interests will be supported.
We are committed to being an inclusive and diverse employer. We strive to employ people who reflect the communities we serve, and aim to create an inclusive culture where everyone can reach their full potential. Whatever your race, ethnicity, belief, generation, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, disability or experience, you'll appreciate the opportunities we give you to work in an inclusive atmosphere. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences built on the progress we've achieved to make our Trust diverse and the best place to work. We celebrate the diversity of thought, viewpoints and ideas that help us overcome challenges and embrace new possibilities.
Duties will include all those duties normally expected of a Radiologist in a similar sized Radiology Department in the United Kingdom. The majority of the appointees time will be spent on clinical duties. In addition, the appointee will be expected to take part in the formal teaching and ongoing audit programmes within the Directorate as well as a full range of management duties commensurate with this role.
The postholder will:
- Demonstrate leadership through positive role modelling and team working.
- Provide Radiology service as a member of the Directorate. This may be across both DVH and QMH depending on Directorate service requirements.
- Assume continuous commitment for the care of patients, even if employed less than full time and ensure, in consultation with colleagues, that adequate arrangements are made for leave and off duty periods.
- Promote high professional standards of clinical care for patients, both through direct patient care and by the maintenance of continuing professional development.
- Work independently and under Consultant supervision as appropriate, and supervise others.
- Take an active role in the management and organisation of the Directorate, including contributing to teaching, research and audit.
For further details/ informal visits contact: Dr Suraj Menon (clinical Director), Email: email@example.com
AAC date : TBC
The closing date is 04 June 2023
Apply for this job or click Apply Now