This role will be supported by a 12,000 relocation allowance.
There is truly a team spirit where every member of staff is supported. Dr Olukoya, Consultant Psychiatrist
Consultant Learning Disability Psychiatrist with 2.5 protected PA's for your area of interest.
We have some new and exciting opportunities in our Learning Disability community services across Suffolk as we enter the start of a service redesign and we are looking for Consultant Psychiatrists, ideally with Learning Disability experience, who are interested in joining and be part of the transformation of our service, we are able to shape our services. There are 2 posts available in east Suffolk amounting to 2.6 WTE and can be offered as part/full time.
The Learning Disability and Autism Specialist Service is not only being invested in financially, with a fresh approach to ideas and service delivery being supported by the Trust, we are confident our new model of care is the very best for the people we care for.
Main duties of the job
Who are we looking for?
You will need to be enthusiastic and conscientious and do everything you can to provide the best care to our service users. We are looking for someone who displays compassion, empathy and sensitivity.
What can we offer?
Our primary focus is on collaborative working; placing great emphasis on the assessment/recovery model. Many aspects relating to service user recovery is reflected within the assessment tools the patients and staff use.
This town offers award-winning restaurants, marinas, fantastic shopping, annual festivals, and stunning parks and close to coasts. With excellent transport links to connect you to Cambridge, London and beyond but with lower than the national average house prices.
If you are passionate about improving acute care,we have much to offer including:
- Up to 12k relocation expenses
- Access to 800 per annum professional development budget
- Dedicated SPA time of up to 25% of working hours
- Paid study leave (on application and approval) in addition to CPD
- Potential of extra PA for DCC with requisite pay per PA
- Ability to apply for Clinical Excellence Awards
- Inclusion on the Consultant on-call rota for the higher level with 3%, 5% or 8% requisite pay depending on frequency
- NHS benefits package including contributory pension, redundancy. Including paid annual leave, sick leave and maternity leave.
- Appraisals and revalidation completed by the Trust
This post is based in Mariner House, with clinical bases at Haymills in Stowmarket and Walker Close, Ipswich. Clinical work will take place at any of these sites, but may also take place in another Trust location or other community destinations such as at a service user's home. The inpatient service is based at Walker Close, Ipswich.
The service provides secondary care service for adults age 18 upwards residing in the East Suffolk catchment area. The team receives referrals from Coastal, Ipswich Town and Central Suffolk. There is approximately a general population of 387,924 registered with a GP in the area. The team holds a current caseload of 150 and receives an average of 2-3 new referrals a week.
The post holder will provide clinical leadership to the community and inpatient teams and work collaboratively with all MDT members and other learning disability service staff. The role provides clinical assessment and reviews of patients in discussion with the team, especially patients thought to be at high risk, those presenting with complex problems or those with diagnostic uncertainty.
- Entry on the GMC Register
- Approved clinician status
- Section 12(2) Approved under the Mental Health Act (MHA)
- Specialist Register or within 6 months of CCST
- 3 years or equivalent medical experience
- 6 months experience in relevant clinical area
- Evidence of knowledge of diagnosis, treatment + management of complex mental illness
- Effective team working
- Leadership qualities
- Driving Licence/able to travel independently
- A clear understanding of Clinical Governance
- Demonstrate a commitment to open review of practice
- Experience of supervising junior medical staff
- Teaching and presentation skills