Clinical Group Director
[Emergency Department and Acute Services]
Leadership role duration: 36 months (3 years)
Clinical role: permanent
We are seeking a Clinical Group Director to lead our ED and Acute Services Clinical Group.
This role is offered as a permanent Consultant role with a hybrid element consisting of the following elements:-
- 5 Leadership Programmed Activities per week plus a Responsibility Allowance of 27,000 per annum - (3-year tenure).
- 5-7 Clinical Programmed Activities per week - permanent
The leadership element of the role is for an initial period of 3 years with the option to re-apply at the end of the 3-year tenure or to continue as a full time Consultant on 10-12 Programmed Activities per week.
Main duties of the job
Clinical Group Director
The post holder will lead the designated Clinical Group to ensure all performance standards, including quality, activity and financial targets, are met. Improved clinical outcomes, patient safety, staff and patient experience are central to the post's objectives.
The postholder is expected to always demonstrate inclusive and compassionate leadership, ensuring all staff are treated equitably and work to close the health equity gap across our patient groups.
If you possess relevant qualifications and significant experience of working in Emergency and Acute services, coupled with a passion for ensuring services are delivered to the highest of standards, we would like to hear from you.
For an informal discussion / visit please contact: Caroline Van Luttmer, Interim Chief Operating Officer on email: email@example.com or Di Clements on email: Diane.Clements1@nhs.net or Telephone: 01708 435 000 ext. 2439 / 2847
Under the leadership of our Chair, Jacqui Smith and Matthew Trainer, our Chief Executive we provide care for the residents of three diverse London boroughs. More than half of our 7,500 strong workforce are from black, Asian and minority ethnic groups and most live in Barking and Dagenham, Havering and Redbridge. We also provide healthcare services to people in south-west Essex, and specialist neurosciences services to the whole of the county.
Our services include all the major specialties of large acute hospitals, operating from two main sites - King George Hospital in Goodmayes and Queen's Hospital in Romford. We also provide outpatient services at Brentwood Community Hospital, Barking Hospital, Loxford Polyclinic and Harold Wood Polyclinic.
We know we have more work to do to improve waiting times for urgent and emergency care, and this will be one of the many benefits of our closer collaboration with Barts Health. Working with them and with all our partners across north east London, we will find a sustainable solution to enhance patient care.
We are particularly proud of our regional Neurosciences Centre; Radiotherapy Centre; Hyper Acute Stroke Unit; and dedicated breast care service at King George Hospital. We're also pleased to be part of the NEL Cancer Alliance.
Professional Leadership and Accountability
- Deliver a comprehensive service to meet the needs of the local population and the teams they lead.
- Devote significant time to sustaining, developing and contributing to strong clinical, patient leadership and NHS collaborations that allow for improved partnerships that meet the shared goals in the Northeast Londons integrated care system (ICS).
Please refer to Job Description for further details.
- Consultant status with at least 5 years' experience at this level
- Clinical qualification
- Educated to Master's degree level or equivalent qualification and or experience
- Postgraduate management diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of the NHS, its infrastructure and the recent reforms
- Experienced clinical / medical management at Clinical Lead level or equivalent
- Senior healthcare management experience, preferably within an NHS environment, including management of people and financial resources
- Highly developed programme management skills with a demonstrable track record in the delivery of successful clinical redesign and change project
- Demonstrable track record of significant achievement in a project management role
- Understands the rigor required to define and maintain standards and processes related to successful management of projects