This role will be supported by a ï¿½12,000 relocation allowance.
We are very pleased to be recruiting to a Full Time Consultant Psychiatrist post to our Adult Learning Disability Community Team within the Great Yarmouth and Waveney Locality, part of Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust. This is a substantive post that has been covered by locum Psychiatrists in recent years. The post holder will support community learning disabilities service users aged 25+ in the Waveney area of Suffolk.Main duties of the job
The Adult LD service makes links with many of the services within the care group and seeks to create pathways where appropriate to ensure seamless service provision. The LD Youth & CAMHS Team are also based on site at Airey Close with whom the team has a close working relationship. A transition pathway is in place to manage transfer effectively.
The team receives on average 10 referrals per month predominantly from local GP surgeries. Referrals are initially received through the single point of referral (Access & Assessment Team). Assessments are then carried out by senior clinical staff from whichever discipline is deemed most appropriate. Afterwards they may seek the views of the consultant or request a medical review if appropriate.About us
We will inspire you and support you to achieve your very full potential. This could be talking at international conferences, pursuing additional areas of study and research or developing your leadership skills to be one of leaders of the future.
We are also offering
Job description Job responsibilities
- Up to ï¿½12k relocation expenses
- Access to ï¿½800 per annum professional development budget
- Dedicated SPA time of up to 25% of working hours
- Paid study leave (on application and approval) in addition to CPD
- Potential of extra PA for DCC with requisite pay per PA
- Ability to apply for Clinical Excellence Awards
- Inclusion on the Consultant on-call rota for the higher level with 3%, 5% or 8% requisite pay depending on frequency
- NHS benefits package including contributory pension, redundancy. Including paid annual leave, sick leave and maternity leave.
- Appraisals and revalidation completed by the Trust
The post holder is expected to carry a caseload of the most complex individuals which are co-worked with a Care Co-ordinator. The consultant psychiatrist will additionally hold a compact caseload of non-CPA cases meeting the criteria of secondary care but not requiring enhanced co-ordination and management of risks. The post holder will also be available at short notice to provide consultation and advice to other team members.
While primarily responsible for delivering a quality clinical service, the consultant psychiatrist is also expected to be actively involved in the strategic development of the team and broader services, being involved with the team manager and locality manager in helping to steer the development of the service in line with the strategic direction of the organisation.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Entry on the GMC Register
- Approved clinician status
- Section 12(2) Approved under the Mental Health Act (MHA)
- Specialist Register or within 6 months of CCST
- 3 years or equivalent medical experience
- 6 months experience in relevant clinical area
- Evidence of knowledge of diagnosis, treatment + management of complex mental illness
Clinical Governance Essential
- Effective team working
- Leadership qualities
- Driving Licence/able to travel independently
- A clear understanding of Clinical Governance
- Demonstrate a commitment to open review of practice
- Experience of supervising junior medical staff
- Teaching and presentation skills