Regional Medical Director
- Operose Health
- Birmingham, West Midlands
- £100,000 - £200,000 prorated per annum
- Closing date
- 27 Apr 2023
- General Practice, GP (salaried)
- Part Time
England’s leading provider of NHS primary care, Operose Health are searching for a Regional Medical Director – Excellent remuneration package!
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Birmingham region for a Regional Medical Director to become a key member of the regional management and clinical leadership team.
At Operose Health, we are experts in working with complex health systems to transform quality of care and patient experience.
Our GPs, patients and practice teams benefit from innovative tech and workflow management processes. This approach improves patient access and hugely streamlines administrative tasks, freeing up GPs to focus on clinical work with the support of highly trained multi-disciplinary teams.
The postholder will need to have two years of independent clinical general practice and an interest and enthusiasm for developing leadership skills, the role will be a development position ideal for a General Practitioner looking for their next step into medical leadership. The role will involve clinical work and include protected leadership and management sessions alongside a strong support system via the Chief Medical Officer.
The postholder will be a clinical ambassador for Operose Health and promote the reputation of our surgeries within the locality and nationally. They will need to engage with commissioners and other NHS stakeholders to build good working relationships and partnerships. The Regional Medical Director (RMD) will be the clinical governance champion for our surgeries and ensure commitment to quality and patient outcome focused care. They will work closely with the Regional Managers to develop the practice team to deliver high quality, safe, efficient, effective and value for money care and service delivery.
You could be working with...
- A strong network that is in place to support GP development, providing opportunities for leadership roles in teaching, digital, research, innovation and more.
- A wider MDT including pharmacists and physician associates with further support from a central digital clinical hub team.
- A unique document management system EZ Doc, world class GP data management solution, EZ Analytics, and our leading patient online consultation app ‘Dr. iQ’.
Our fantastic package includes:
- Market leading salary scales
- 6 weeks annual leave & one-week study leave pro rata
- An opportunity to significantly develop your existing skillset
- In-house CPD training sessions tailored to meet your needs
- Access to our bespoke learning management system
- Annual formative clinical assessments to support competency development
- Varied opportunities for career development within our wider organisation
- A range of other exciting employee benefits such as car benefit scheme, cycle to work schemes, travel season ticket loans, discount cards and employee wellbeing services.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Two years clinical general practice experience with GP accreditation
- Current registration with GMC and NHS performers list (with no conditions preventing working or restrictions on practice)
- Record of on-going CPD and learning
- MRCGP examination or equivalent experience Sound knowledge of clinical governance Will understand the political agenda and drivers influencing primary care provision.
- Good leadership skills with the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Good organisational and IT skills
- Will have excellent interpersonal skills and be committed to working as part of a team.
- Will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Clear commitment to delivering quality and patient focused services
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert